What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email sent on iPad 3 deleted out of Outbox isn't in Trash

askoulding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

My MD drafted a lengthy report on his plane journey. He hit send after drafting it and it sat in the Outbox. Another short email was already in the Outbox that he wanted to delete, so he hit delete on that item in the Outbox. The iPad didn't appear to do anything so he hit delete again but this deleted both the report and the short email. Now, my logic says it should be in the Trash folder but it isn't. The email account is an Exchange account.

Can this email be recovered?

Thanks,
Andrew.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

My MD drafted a lengthy report on his plane journey. He hit send after drafting it and it sat in the Outbox. Another short email was already in the Outbox that he wanted to delete, so he hit delete on that item in the Outbox. The iPad didn't appear to do anything so he hit delete again but this deleted both the report and the short email. Now, my logic says it should be in the Trash folder but it isn't. The email account is an Exchange account.

Can this email be recovered?

Thanks,
Andrew.

Hi, welcome to iPF!

In your Mail app there's a possibility to search for messages:

image-360867592.jpg

You can enter here from whom the message came, to whom it was sent, or the subject field of the email. For an account that supports searching for messages on the server, you can choose "All" (From, To, Subject will be searched).

Most reactions

Latest posts