What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email sync with iPad 2

yanbout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I have a iPad 2 and I did succeed into setting my Sympatico email account so that I can get my emails on it...BUT when I delete an email on the iPad, it stays in my inbox on my PC, it only gets deleted on the iPad 2. What can I do to "fully" sync it? I also have a BlackBerry and it works fine with it. If I delete an email on the BB, it disappears from the inbox no matter what device I use. Why can't I do the same with the iPad 2? Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
sympatico.ca ???

From what I can see of the site it uses Hotmail. Hotmail can be set up as an exchange account on the iPad. This should result in the iPad syncing with the folders on the server, instead of downloading the mail and handling it locally.

Here is a link to the instructions.

How To Setup Hotmail Using Exchange ActiveSync On Your iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch For Push Email, Calendar & Contacts – iPhone Hacks

I have not done this myself, no hotmail account to play with, so you might want to wait for another hotmail user to wander by and offer comments or advice. Especially since this setup might be U.S. only, and not compatible with Canadian hotmail servers.

Or I could be wrong about the site and hotmail and everything else. If so, disregard, please. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, you may have to look at your PC account setup and change it to an IMAP or Exchange account. Can't help you with that. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts