What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email signatures for multiple accounts.

DavidGammon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I bought the pad for business. I run 5 accounts with various clients . The annoying things is you can only apply a single signature for all the accounts which is pretty poor... Is there a resolution for this function to enable more signatures and also add images etc to the signature also.

Thanks in advance people ...

Dave

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not believe you can add images to signatures in the stock mail, sorry.

However, for your need for different signatures - have you considered making a shortcut for each signature? That way, you only have to remember/type a couple of letters and the lines will be put in wherever you type the shortcut. I've tested it before and I know that you can have a long line of text as your short cut. You won't get a block (as in, the shortcut won't create with line breaks) but at least you'll get the information in your e-mail with two key strokes. Then, if need be, you could just insert a line break yourself to make a more "standard-looking" signature block.

Yeah, it's a bit of a workaround. But, just a thought...

Marilyn

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been one of my complaints that I was hoping would be addressed in iOS 5, but sadly wasn't. Be glad you only have 5....I have about a dozen accounts all requiring different signatures. I haven't really found a workable solution so I have been mostly sticking to using email on my phone (my Android phone does let me have separate signatures per email account).

Maybe someone has a better solution...perhaps a 3rd party email solution? I looked at one time but didn't really find anything. It's definitely a sorely lacking feature.

OP
D

DavidGammon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did look at using another client for email but you know it's too much trouble to sort it out and run a business... Very frustrating That a business man cannot use a separate signature on such a high tech device....

APPLE Fail......

Most reactions