What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email settings via virgin ntlworld tmobile

kevsilver27@

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Major problems with email settings I have ntlworld t mobile interned can send and receive emails via 3G can receive emails via wifi but can't send via wifi spent the last three days on the phone to apple and tmobile and virgin (ntlworld email) no luck still not sorted I face the same issues also with my iPhone 4 can send and receive via 3G can receive vi wifi but can't send via wif any ideas anyone

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the Port 25 relay problem because, when you send from WiFi your email service provider can authenticate your identity if you're using SMTP and Port 25. On 3G it's OK, because your iPad and iPhone SIMs provide a positive identification.

You need to see if your service provider supports SSL under SMTP and Port 465 authentication. This provides a secure log in for sending email. Most service providers do support this newer protocol but have legacy support for Port 25 also. You could simply try using SSL in the iPad's 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar' - set up your email account again - identical receive settings but, under SMTP select SSL - enter your email address and password and select Port 465 (it's usually selected by default) and simply see if it works.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts