What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having trouble registering micro sim with tmobile

Buckers10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just bought an iPad 2 3G & wifi and have inserted my microsim no problems, I can connect to the Internet via 3G and it works.
However when I go on the tmobile website to register I get as far as my username, password and tmobile number.
It then sends a 4 digit pin number to that mobile number.
The problem being is that the phone number relates to the microsim which is in my iPad, so I never receive the pin number to register and I cannot change the number to which it sends the pin code as it had to be a tmobile number.

Has anyone come across this problem?
Please help

Thanks in advance, Kris

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought SMS came up on the iPad so I just tried to my Orange SIM and it didn't, never realised!

Fair point on registering for My T-Mobile, you need the PIN. Maybe call customer services and see if they can give you the code, somehow doubt that will work though...

Take it you don't have an iPhone 4 to put the SIM in to receive the SMS?

OP
B

Buckers10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Tim84.
Tbh I'm posting this on behalf of a close friend.
He has a payg mobile with orange and has just purchased an iPad 2 16gb 3G & wifi from pc world.
When he inserted the microsim into his iPad it appears to automatically connect to the Internet via 3G.
Even though he hasn't put any credit on his account.
The problem arises when he tries to register online on the tmobile website. He needs to do this to add credit and check his usage and balance online.

I have an iPhone 4s but it's on orange, so I don't think I could just insert his microsim into my phone to receive the 4 digit pin.

I've also checked the tmobile forum and the question has been asked previously and no one cone up with an answer.

If anyone can help it would be gratefully received.

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm. Tough one. I'll ask about at work tomorrow and see if anyone knows the answer.

Can you not just enter an E-voucher number in the page the T-Mobile SIM lands you on in safari, or even top up by credit card on that page? Failing that, thinking as I type here, you can buy an E-Voucher from your local shop then redeem it online using your computer as it just asks for mobile number and voucher number with no need to register on My T-Mobile to redeem the voucher...

Edit - I was wrong, only on Orange can you enter an E-voucher number online. You can top up by credit/debit card on T-Mobile online without registering though, just use this link https://www.t-mobile.co.uk/online-payments/ctn-check/

Last edited:
OP
B

Buckers10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, I will get my friend to try topping up that way when I see him at work tomorrow.
If you could ask around tomorrow for any further ideas that would be great, failing all else we will ring tmobile again and see if we get someone else who might know the answer.
But if all else fails we will take it back to PC world and get them to sort it or will get a refund.

Thanks once again,
Kris

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The online top up by card will definitely work for him, it's limited to something like a maximum £30 a month or something like that though - only downside compared to doing it through My T-Mobile is that you have to enter your card details each time you top up whereas My T-Mobile remembers the details.

Another option if he wants another way is simply to use an ATM as that does top up by mobile number entry too so he can just stick his card in the ATM, select 'top up' enter his number twice and job done :thumbs:

I'll look into the My T-Mobile registration thing tomorrow and see if anyone has any ideas!

Most reactions

Latest posts