What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email question

Marla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I just got my iPad. Currently, I use hotmail but am having issues "sending" new mail from within the inbox folder. I would use the mail that comes with the iPad but I have a ton of contacts and don't know how to bring them over in lieu of typing them. Please help...

Marla

OP
M

Marla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I think I was looking more for contacts to be imported to my iPad. I believe this can't be done yet.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I think I was looking more for contacts to be imported to my iPad. I believe this can't be done yet.

you can import all your contact in the iPad, if you use PC i cant help you as i am in Mac , you can even arrange it in group of contact, the first is export all your hotmail contact in your computer and after that in iTunes in the tab info you have the option to select the contact or group you want to import there

I hope that help

PS: i don’t use hotmail so i can’t told you how to export it ( maybe goggle it)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've recently switched from hotmail to gmail and there's an automatic import feature. Gmail will import all your accounts and all your stored inbox and out mail by itself over a period of two days.
Get yourself a gmail account, you'll see what I mean. It's slow but pretty cool. If you want to better that there are tricks to fit gmail on your iPad to optimize it. There are tutorials but since I don't have my iPad yet I didn't try it.

OP
M

Marla

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hotmail issues with iPad....freezes up when trying to send a new message and forward... Any thoughts?

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have good reason to want Hotmail working on my iPad, when it arrives...regardless if anyone dislikes it or sneers at it....Marla, I've found several sources through google search about Hotmail and the iPad but I can't give you any particulars because mine hasn't arrived. If you're setting up Hotmail through the settings function, have you tried accessing it through the browser?

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had hotmail on laptop and when I synced my info over the first time my contacts did not sync. The second time I made sure contacts were checked under info on the iTunes sync. They were synced to my iPad. Hope this helps

Most reactions

Latest posts