What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email problems

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I set up my email, and can receive, and read it on my ipad, but when I try to reply, I get the message "Cannot send mail, the recipient (address) was rejected by the server".

When I try to reply using Webmail, I can't get the keyboard to show. Using Webmail (Earthlink) if I type in an address, it will go thru....

Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm glad we was able to help! Enjoy the iPad and the forum!

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

rockybatts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFrog said:
You probably have a mistake in the outgoing server configuration, I had a similar issue ones but the best is delete the account setup and start again. Is hard to catch the mistake after looking at the setup for a long time.

Here is a link of how to do it, maybe this will help you.

http://support.earthlink.net/articles/email/how-to-setup-an-ipad-to-check-earthlink-email.php

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Hello iFrog, I am having trouble with my mail on my ipad 2. It sometimes just endlessly checks for email without ever updating. So then I have to reset the ipad. This has been happening pretty frequently lately. Do you know of a way to fix this problem?

Thank you in advance!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know any fix for it, however try to do delete the account and reset it up to see if something was corrupted. Otherwise start a new thread here in the forum with you issue.

theonegod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a relativly common problem on the iPad 2 and one that is particularly annoying as it can lead to serious battery life issues. About all you can do in the long run is remove an then readd your email accounts. In the short term you can kill the mail app and reopen it.

The larger issue is that after you kill and reopen it is likly just going to get stuck again at a later point and this is why you should remove and re-add.

I have had this happen twice myself. It causes the ipad to go down by over 20% an hour.

Most reactions

Latest posts