What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email rejection

GJMW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try to. Send emails or reply to to an email I get the message that the server has rejected the recipient and has placed the email in the outbox I.e. not sent, why is this?.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I try to. Send emails or reply to to an email I get the message that the server has rejected the recipient and has placed the email in the outbox I.e. not sent, why is this?.
I had this problem when I first had my ipad and I had to delete the account & reinstall. The problem lay in the actual ip settings which were different to iPad's automatic install. I had to contact my ip and get the correct port settings which were causing the problem. No issues since.
Hope this helps and Happy New Year.
Mike

OP
G

GJMW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem when I first had my ipad and I had to delete the account & reinstall. The problem lay in the actual ip settings which were different to iPad's automatic install. I had to contact my ip and get the correct port settings which were causing the problem. No issues since.
Hope this helps and Happy New Year.
Mike

Thanks I will try this but it doesn't happen every time so that is still a puzzle

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Are you on A POP mail account and are you away from your home ISP? Oftentimes, your ISP will not let you route your e-mail through their servers if your e-mail is not coming from your home "address."

For example, i still have to use Roadrunner, which only has POP mail. If I try to use Roadrunner when I'm not at my house (i.e. On Roadrunner's account), then I get the same warning and the mail does not go. It's a security issue for the ISPs...

Marilyn

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup, sometimes that happens. It will sit in the outbox for awhile and then go out as normal. All by itself. Happens with iCloud, happens with Yahoo as well. Rarely, but it does happen sometimes.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you on A POP mail account and are you away from your home ISP? Oftentimes, your ISP will not let you route your e-mail through their servers if your e-mail is not coming from your home "address."

For example, i still have to use Roadrunner, which only has POP mail. If I try to use Roadrunner when I'm not at my house (i.e. On Roadrunner's account), then I get the same warning and the mail does not go. It's a security issue for the ISPs...

Marilyn
Wow! This seems very restrictive, Marilyn, I have Roadrunner when I am in the US. You have me rethinking my ISP now. Very interesting though and thank you for pointing this out. That said, so far, I have not had theses issues. It galls to think that they can be so restrictive in the name of security but hey ho.
Cheers

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! This seems very restrictive, Marilyn, I have Roadrunner when I am in the US. You have me rethinking my ISP now. Very interesting though and thank you for pointing this out. That said, so far, I have not had theses issues. It galls to think that they can be so restrictive in the name of security but hey ho.
Cheers

Well, that's Roadrunner and their [¥#%;*+;$!/?/€~#*^%] inability to join the 21st century. They don't seem to want to move off of POP mail...

So, I got around them by making a Gmail account and then using it as my primary/default e-mail on the iPad. I only use Roadrunner to receive mails, now. That'll learn 'em!! :D

Marilyn

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, that's Roadrunner and their [Â¥#%;*+;$!/?/€~#*^%] inability to join the 21st century. They don't seem to want to move off of POP mail...

So, I got around them by making a Gmail account and then using it as my primary/default e-mail on the iPad. I only use Roadrunner to receive mails, now. That'll learn 'em!! :D

Marilyn
I have always used Gmail as my main account & have never used the accounts supplied by my ISPs both in the UK & US. I now realise, thanks to you pointing this issue out, that unknowingly I worked my way round. More luck than judgement but as I said no issues. Thanks to you guys on here for all the input and advice, great forum!

Most reactions