What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Notification sound can't be changed?

Bullet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, New here. Set up my email 'sound' in settings. I've tried to change it, I've changed the sound to 'none' and no matter what I do the original sound still keeps coming up. What am I doing wrong? I've tried to change it to the default 'ding' or to 'none' and it won't take the change.
Suggestions?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, New here. Set up my email 'sound' in settings. I've tried to change it, I've changed the sound to 'none' and no matter what I do the original sound still keeps coming up. What am I doing wrong? I've tried to change it to the default 'ding' or to 'none' and it won't take the change.
Suggestions?

You realize there is a separate sound for sent mail & new mail?
Just tested mine and it switched immediately.

Maybe a reset of your iPad?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bullet said:
Suggestions?

Go to Settings-Notifications and you will find that Mail is still in the Notification Centre, select it and at the very top slide the switch to Off. I hope that does it for you and welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts