What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notification sounds suddenly stopped working

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I have sound through speakers. If I go to settings, sounds and select the sound I want to demo, the sounds work fine, but once I select them to use, no sounds are made when they should be. For instance; sending an email should produce 'swoosh', receiving email should be 'ding', shutting down should produce 'click' but nothing at all! I accepted the ios6 latest update (can't remember the issue no) at end of last week but I can't honestly say if it's been since then as I've only just noticed it! Can anyone help please?
Thanks

OP
S

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I have sound through speakers. If I go to settings, sounds and select the sound I want to demo, the sounds work fine, but once I select them to use, no sounds are made when they should be. For instance; sending an email should produce 'swoosh', receiving email should be 'ding', shutting down should produce 'click' but nothing at all! I accepted the ios6 latest update (can't remember the issue no) at end of last week but I can't honestly say if it's been since then as I've only just noticed it! Can anyone help please?
Thanks

Better just add that the mute button is set to lock orientation not mute (and I checked it just to be sure). And I can't sync with pc because that too has stopped working. If I go to Settings and select iTunes over wifi, the sync button won't highlight and won't sync. Nor will the cable connect with my pc, I've also tried my iPod cable and that won't work either??!

OP
S

shepherdscove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmm, weird. I have just tried again, plugging in my cable to connect pc and ipad...and it worked. It definitely did not work last week and iTunes (via pc) wouldn't recognise my device, even with my iPod cable. Now, not only has it synced and updated, but the sounds work too - yeehaa! Still don't know why it did this tho?!

Most reactions

Latest posts