What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email from Apple Forum

OP
D

dottie_79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgot to ask you a question. What does "as long as they are with a mail app" mean? Dorothy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

Even if you don't change their subscription settings, as I described in a previous post, old threads will eventually stop sending you emails, because people will stop posting to them.

If you've been communicating directly with Admins you may have been using PMs (Private Messages). You will find them under the Messages tab in the app, or you can use the website, click on Settings then choose your Inbox or Sent Items from the left column.

It is usual to receive email notifications for Private Messages. I believe this can be changed, but I don't recommend it. If an Administrator or Moderator needs to get your attention they will use a PM.

Last edited:
OP
D

dottie_79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whoopie, I am back in business. The tip that you gave me about removing all of the unsolicited email worked. After I did that all of the
Unsolicited email moved to the trash and voila there was all of my wanted email. I don't know if that is what did itBut whatever I'm not getting the unsolicited mail. Touch wood. Thank you everyone for your patience and help. I am one Relieved lady. Dorothy

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whoopie, I am back in business. The tip that you gave me about removing all of the unsolicited email worked. After I did that all of the Unsolicited email moved to the trash and voila there was all of my wanted email. I don't know if that is what did itBut whatever I'm not getting the unsolicited mail. Touch wood. Thank you everyone for your patience and help. I am one Relieved lady. Dorothy

That is so good to hear Dorothy! I'm so pleased that it's cleared up now for you! Now you can just enjoy!

But I will show you this tutorial for our app......just so you know how it works! ;)
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...sistance/107524-ipad-forums-app-tutorial.html

Glad to hear it. Leelai is the bomb. I hope it's smooth sailing from here on out, but if not be sure to ask.

Thank you...... but I think you're the bomb Twerppoet!

You do so much for everyone here and we do so appreciate it and you! :)

OP
D

dottie_79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Leelai you gave me a Security Link which I went to. I can't find where to download the security. The link seems to give all kinds of
Explanations for what it does but nowhere do I see a link to access the security. I think I'm ready to give up I just can't see an end to this problem. I'm probably too iPad illiterate and am missing directions you have given me. I will get back to you. For now I'm going to delete my email account and re-enter it. I will let you know what happens. Thank you so much Dorothy

OP
D

dottie_79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if you saw my other post. You are both bombs. I spoke to soon. I went to my email and there were all kinds of
Unsolicited emails coming in. How can they use the Apple Forums Support on their email. Are they hackers?
I have another question for you about email. Before I delete anymore unsolicited email how do I put the ones I want into a folder.?
I never use this because I have very little I need to keep. I did do it a couple of times but haven't been able to get it to work since.

OP
D

dottie_79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found you again. I couldn't find your post. I really am not functioning well. I didn't go to the correct page. Anyhow here I am on
Friday and still in the same pickle even though the super guys have tried and tried to help me. As I just told them I don't think I am
IPad literate to follow their directions. They have tried and tried to help. I have followed their directions and nothing seems to change.
Obviously it is me. If I delete my email account and put in the same one won't I continue getting the unsolicited email? I'm afraid
To try too much in case I end up in a worse mess. That was my bright idea and then I backed off of it. You are all so great and I
Can't thank you enough. Dorothy

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Leelai you gave me a Security Link which I went to. I can't find where to download the security. The link seems to give all kinds of Explanations for what it does but nowhere do I see a link to access the security. I think I'm ready to give up I just can't see an end to this problem. I'm probably too iPad illiterate and am missing directions you have given me. I will get back to you. For now I'm going to delete my email account and re-enter it. I will let you know what happens. Thank you so much Dorothy

That link shouldn't take you to anything connected to Security....it's to our App Tutorial.
I've tested it and it is a good link so I don't know what is happening here. Do you use our app already? Or the site? Might be an idea to close your apps and then relaunch them.....here's how -

From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. If you have updated to IOS7 - just swipe up on the image above the app icon to close it. If on an earlier OS - Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen.

Let me know if this works for you and you can use that link.

I don't know if you saw my other post. You are both bombs. I spoke to soon. I went to my email and there were all kinds of Unsolicited emails coming in. How can they use the Apple Forums Support on their email. Are they hackers? I have another question for you about email. Before I delete anymore unsolicited email how do I put the ones I want into a folder.? I never use this because I have very little I need to keep. I did do it a couple of times but haven't been able to get it to work since.

Have you joined other iPad forums at all? Sounds like it's Apple Forums......if you have, you may have set up your account to receive emails on posts there also.

You can set up folders through your email but only if it is an IMAP account and not a POP account. There are 2 different varieties of emails accounts you can have (this is a simple explanation). I have a POP account but I have iCloud set up on my iPad which comes with it's own email address. I have then set up folders through this account. So it's a good work around.

Let us know what type of account you have eg Gmail etc.

I won't be able to get back to you today though....I have a family wedding and I need to start getting ready now....;)

Others may help you in the meantime!

OP
D

dottie_79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed the forum. Reading others questions and answers have been an education. Reading your post I wasn't sure if
You had deleted the unsolicited email because I am still getting them. My own email started coming through but I thought it was
Because I had already manually deleted hundreds of them. I still have over 2,000 unsolicited emails sitting there. From Black Magic, Gurus, Voodoo Spells, etc. if only I could find out where on the Apple Forum they are coming from I would be able to stop them.
I tried going to one of their messages but the message that came up said that the page had been removed. As I said before I am afraid my memory is going to be used up. My iPad doesn't have that much memory. Thank you for taking the time to help. Dorothy

OP
D

dottie_79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a lovely time. I so happy that some people are still getting married. If my husband had lived we would have been married 60
Years on Aug. 7 1954. He was 22 and I was 20. He passed away four years ago from leukemia. We had 56 really happy years together.
I miss him so much. He was a teacher and principal but teaching was his favourite. He went back to it a few years before retiring.
I wish your friends as many happy years as we had. Sorry didn't mean to sound soppy I meant really to say how happy we were.
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

OP
D

dottie_79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Andrew, I'm sorry if if this is the second post from me today but I can't see the other one. What I was asking was in the post that
You sent me you make reference to removing a link for spam/phishing the unsolicited email I have been receiving. Unfortunately I
Am still receiving it. I have over 3,000 of them now. I am really worried because I am on an iPad and it doesn't have a lot of memory.
As fast as I delete them they just keep coming in. .would it be possible for you to try deleting them again. Thank you so much. Dorothy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think what she needs is someone to either delete her iPadFourm subscriptions (with the exception of this one?) or change them so they don't send email notifications. Her setting should prevent new subscriptions from sending notifications, but that should probably be checked too.

If that is possible for a Moderator or Admin to do. No idea.

Though I have no idea how many threads she could be subscribed too with just 33 posts.

That's all we can do, of course. If there are other forum subscription notifications or spam from other sources it will have to be tackled from those sources.

Most reactions

Latest posts