What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email question

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have two email accounts on my iPad (and iPhone), my work one and a hotmail one. Both have a pretty high turnover of emails, so at any one time I can usually only see emails from the past 2-3 days.

I am trying to find a way to save particular emails so they are available for longer, either within the email app or in another app. For example, a couple of weeks ago someone emailed me directions for somewhere I am going at the weekend. I can no longer see that email so the only way I can get the directions is to find the original email on my PC and print it out. Surely there must be a way of storing it on the iPad or iPhone so I can access it on the go?

By the way I have an iPad 1 if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would get a gmail address and forward emails you want to keep to that account. You can archive them so that they are not in the way, then go to "all mail" when you want to refer to one.

My company email is an Exchange account, and occasionally, I have mail I want to keep, so this is how I deal with it.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Depending on how you have the mail accounts setup, you may have an option in settings - mail. contacts and calendars - your email account - mail days to sync. Set that to no limit and you won't lose any of your emails due to time passing.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, you can always scroll to the bottom of the email list and tap on the Load More link there. (only appears if there actually is more email in that folder/inbox)

This will only work with your hotmail account if you have it set up as an Exchange account.

How To Setup Hotmail Using Exchange ActiveSync On Your iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch For Push Email, Calendar & Contacts

I'm not sure how the new Outlook.com email stuff is going to work, but I've seen at least one article that shows it being set up as an Exchange account.

Most reactions

Latest posts