What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Attchments

tominrom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPad 2 user. When I get an email with a pdf or when I send myself an email with a photo form the photo app I get the message "This message has not been downloaded from the server" What am I not doing or doing wrong?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPad 2 user. When I get an email with a pdf or when I send myself an email with a photo form the photo app I get the message "This message has not been downloaded from the server" What am I not doing or doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong. If the attachment is large the iPad doesn't download it immediately. Touch the icon of the PDF or photo and the remaining email/PDF/Photo will download. It's done to speed up the email experience, so you can see what emails you've got before waiting for a big one to download. Maybe the big email wasn't one you want anyway, so you can delete it immediately without downloading it. It can be so frustrating to have to wait for a really big email to download when you know there's a *really* important email in your email and the photo being downloaded is really only a picture of your neighbour's cat that they've sent you.....

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts