What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

email address not entered correctly in ipad

PvtMatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may have posted this question incorrectly in another section of this forum. If so, please forgive me.

My problem is my email is setup correctly and working. However, Amazon.com requires one to enter the email address. After I enter after the @, my ipad breaks my ISP windstream into two words, wind and stream. Amazon will not accept my address. Can anyone tell me why the ipad uses wind stream in lieu of windstream?

Thanks

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into SETTINGS - GENERAL - KEYBOARD - AUTO-CORRECTION, and turn it off! It will drive you nuts anyway. At least, it does me. LOL:)

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may have posted this question incorrectly in another section of this forum. If so, please forgive me.

My problem is my email is setup correctly and working. However, Amazon.com requires one to enter the email address. After I enter after the @, my ipad breaks my ISP windstream into two words, wind and stream. Amazon will not accept my address. Can anyone tell me why the ipad uses wind stream in lieu of windstream?

Thanks

You can also go to the notes app and type it a few times and when it try to correct you just cancel it after a few times it will learn you don't want it corrected.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whenever you're entering your email you will get the correction bubble before it splits your words, tap the x to decline the correction

Most reactions