What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elaborate Please!

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(post all remotely controlling apps here please) I'm looking for SSH apps as well as apps that you can use to remotely control your iPad from your iPhone 4 and vis-versa.

I know they're out there so don't be shy to share. :cool:

Thanks.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was referred to Slashtop before as well and i'm giving it a go, thanks for the other two I will look into them.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
M325i said:
I was referred to Slashtop before as well and i'm giving it a go, thanks for the other two I will look into them.

Not sure if they work ipad to iphone, misread, though you meant ipad/iphone to pc :eek:

But worth a try as they both offer free versions

I bleed in 6 colours

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I have another question i'm going to be running splash top on windows XP i'm told that there will be no sound :( is this true? Is there anything I can do to work my way around this? Is there another app I should use instead of Splashtop?

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
M325i said:
Ok so I have another question i'm going to be running splash top on windows XP i'm told that there will be no sound :( is this true? Is there anything I can do to work my way around this? Is there another app I should use instead of Splashtop?

Yes, splashtop has no sound, Rdp and vnc both have no sound either, i haven't found one that stream sound as well, maybe someone here has found one

I bleed in 6 colours

Reaction score
Splashtop works fine on mine with sound.. You have to change the sound option to realtek97 mono an option I haven't seen on Team Viewer
Also set it to transfer sound from desktop to Splashtop. When your iPad connects the Mute icon will show up on the desktop if it is set right

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Last edited:

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Mountainbikermark said:
Splashtop works fine on mine with sound.. You have to change the sound option to realtek97 mono an option I haven't seen on Team Viewer
Also set it to transfer sound from desktop to Splashtop. When your iPad connects the Mute icon will show up on the desktop if it is set right

Support Our Troops!

The desktop sound icon shows as muted, but still no sound, but i have noticed that it says sound is only streamed from selected apps

Which programs have sound for you?

Vlc has nonsound for me

I bleed in 6 colours

Reaction score
Do you have the desktop streamer set to realtek97mono mix? Just below the transfer sounds option.
I use sounds for everything. My desktop clicks, Flash videos and games, Windows media player, iTunes,YouTube, etc

Support Our Troops!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Mountainbikermark said:
Do you have the desktop streamer set to realtek97mono mix? Just below the transfer sounds option.
I use sounds for everything. My desktop clicks, Flash videos and games, Windows media player, iTunes,YouTube, etc

Support Our Troops!

Realtek hd audio input stereo mix

And

Realtek hd aujdio input mic volume

Laptop is a dell inspiron mini 1010

No idea what the issue is, as air video server works fine

I guess the onboard soundchip is not fully supported by splashtop

I bleed in 6 colours

Last edited:
Reaction score
What other outgoing options do you have? Mine has several.
My computer is a desktop that is 5 years old so I'm sure the stuff has changed since back then.

Support Our Troops!

Last edited:
Reaction score
These are my choices

Support Our Troops!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307748540.597868.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1307748540.597868.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 210
OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just download and set up Splashtop on my PC and iPad, it seems to be working fine so far.I get sound, video steam is good, I can control my whole PC from my iPad. All is well. As for wytey it could be you computer or your computer's sound settings. Visit the Splashtop website for more info to see if your computer is supported. There is deffinaly nothing wrong with Splashtop because it seems to work for many of us and doesn't only for a few people, which means it has to be the computers that are at fault. It's probably just a settings issue.

Reaction score
I have Splashtop.:)

John Travolta voice in Broken Arrow "Ain't it cool ?"
I can FINALLY use my Ipad for what I hoped for; a mobile, lightweight, long battery life, powerful, desktop replacement.
There is an update to the desktop streamer that has helped with remote connections(away from home) on mine

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts