What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit Albums in photos

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot create new albums directly in the iPad's Photo app. This needs to be done on your PC or Mac and the iPad then synchronised with the PC/Mac. Similarly, photos on the iPad that have been synchronised cannot be directly deleted. You need to delete or move them on the PC/Mac and then resynchronise. Only photos that have not been synchronised - say received by email - can be directly deleted.

If this restriction poses a problem, then there are many third-party apps - many free - that allow the creation of albums directly on the iPad.

Tim

wtcoppersmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So if I DO want to delete photos from a slideshow I put on my iPad via synchronizing, what software can I download to accomplish this?

greasemuntney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope that iOS 5 gives us access to be able to make albums and move pictures around. Why did Apple not get smart and do this first thing.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
greasemuntney said:
I hope that iOS 5 gives us access to be able to make albums and move pictures around. Why did Apple not get smart and do this first thing.

YES. Me too. One of my biggest gripes with my ipad 2. And believe me, I have very few complaints!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Phine00Del

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
YES. Me too. One of my biggest gripes with my ipad 2. And believe me, I have very few complaints!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Same here, drives me nuts that I can't organize my photos directly on the iPad!

ronoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good info here... I thought I could manipulate my photos on the iPad ..glad to see I'm not the only one ...thanks for the info...will try to prepare my photo albums ahead on my PC!!...before downloading then to the iPad.. Thx for info here.

Most reactions

Latest posts