What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay buyer asked that I not restore to factor!

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sold my 16GB wi-fi on eBay last night and the winner asked that I please not reset the device to factory default. Is there a way to leave it with software installed and take my personal info off? (iTunes account, etc.)

I would't do this unless I could do a DoD type wipe on the empty storage space to prevent recovery of previosly stored data. But all that just sounds pretty unreasonable when it seems like resetting the device is the normal thing to do.

What do you all think?

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are going to have to reset it. Unless you want to give them you iTunes account password and with it your credit card details etc etc.

It's a pretty unreasonable request. For your own privacy I would wipe it clean. They can buy their own apps through their own iTunes account! If they dont have a computer to activate it on they can take the iPad to any apple store and they will set it up for you. When I got my iPad I didn't want to have to wait all day to play with it. I have an apple store across the road from work which is handy, and they did this for me with no trouble at all..

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should go ahead and send your social security number with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts