What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastern shore Maryland...

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We'll soon be testing AT&T 3G out here in the weeds... I get no bars on Verizon, Tracfone or Net10 where I live, but the business rep for AT&T says they put a new tower in my general area .. We'll see?!

Just in case the trees will be an issue, I got one of those external antenna boosters that creates a wifi in your house. We can only get dialup because there is no DSL.

Attachments

• Cherry-Walk1.jpg
    Cherry-Walk1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 484

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome!

Hope the 3G works out, really it's just a try and see kind of thing. I drive a 25 mile country road and stream Internet radio with my iPhone without issue.... Then hit city limits of Fort Worth and hit drop outs...... Go figure.

Around here anyway the folks that live way out are using satellite broadband, most say it works pretty good for having WIFI in the house...

Anyway, welcome...

OP
Wetstuff

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ya Bremen... Ya, we already do Dish Network* at home (had one of those old 10ft dishes on pole...) but I'm reluctant to give Hughes another $1k a year to check the email. I make my wife come to my shop do look for whatever, maybe 3G will help us.. We'll see.....

Cheers.

* there's rumor they may finally bundle access off one of their sats.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, hope to see you around!:)

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!
I've no broadband or 3G where I live in mid-Missouri either. Drives me crazy to read about the faster and faster speeds others are getting while nobody can manage to get us any service. But that is another story! Having the iPhone and now iPad with Edge has been a godsend. It may seem slow to others, but it's about 5 times faster than my dialup!

Most reactions