What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earphones for original iPad.

chrismacgowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have purchased earphones but the sound still comes out of the iPad speaker. Am I doing something wrong - cannot see a setting in GENERAL so am assuming the earphone jack should over ride the speaker? I am assured i have the right earphones with remote mike but i do acknowledge the jack does not seem a perfect fit - close but not exact.

Erwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad should automatically change the output for audio to the earphones when connected. You can't change anything in the settings. I think there is someting wrong with the earphones. Have you tried other ones?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have purchased earphones but the sound still comes out of the iPad speaker. Am I doing something wrong - cannot see a setting in GENERAL so am assuming the earphone jack should over ride the speaker? I am assured i have the right earphones with remote mike but i do acknowledge the jack does not seem a perfect fit - close but not exact.

This is a problem that several Forum members have reported. The iPad earphone socket is slightly ‘tight’ on most earpiece plugs and requires a really firm push. In addition, some iPad cases have a habit of ‘catching’ the edge (‘seat’) of several earpiece plugs. Make sure this isn’t the problem and then we can look at the more difficult solutions!

Tim
Scotland

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeahthat.gif

Don't be afraid to give it a proper shove into the earphone jack. I also have a set of "economy" aftermarket (non-Apple) earbuds with a microphone and they work quite well.

Just be sure that you don't have a set of earbuds made for some of the cellphones out there as they are slightly smaller. The plug for the iPad must be 3.5mm.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, you have to really shove that little puppy in there, or you will hear audio out the speakers.

Most reactions

Latest posts