What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-mail Spell check

Gensca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the ipad have auto sell check on e-mai? If so, how do I actvate (turn on) this feature?

meeko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad does spell check emails. It is on by default and I don't think it can be turned off. You will see a red underline on any misspelt words and double tap to find a replacement or it will suggest as you type.

KHB1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe it can be turned off in settings general keyboard options.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
G

Gensca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The spell check can be enabled in Settings/General/Keyboard/Check Spelling. However you can not disable check spelling witout disbaling Auto Correction. The spell check works as you type. It does not check the entire e-mail after you have typed as the spell check in OUTLOOK. Also, it does not check grammatical errors or capitalization.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With iOS 5, you can turn auto-correct on or off, separate from spell check and separate from auto-capitalization.

OP
G

Gensca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That does not help me since I do not have an IOS 5. That is the problem with technology, the instant that you purchase something it is improved!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gensca said:
That does not help me since I do not have an IOS 5. That is the problem with technology, the instant that you purchase something it is improved!

You can always just update your iPad to IOS5. It's free and some of the new features are just amazing.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, iOS 5 is free if you want it. If you don't, you might have to jailbreak to do what you want.

OP
G

Gensca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought that IOS 5 was a new iPad, not an update! How do I get this update? What is "jailbreak"?

uimalis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plug your iPad into your computer and update using iTunes.

perezv56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to write Spanish emails

Hello. I am bilingual English/Spanish. To email I use both languages. When I write in Spanish then the English defaults come to play auto-correct, making it difficult just to write a sentence. How can I use both languages?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
perezv56 said:
Hello. I am bilingual English/Spanish. To email I use both languages. When I write in Spanish then the English defaults come to play auto-correct, making it difficult just to write a sentence. How can I use both languages?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I know nothing at all on Spanish but if you were to turn off Auto-correct this may help you. Settings - General - Keyboard - Auto correction off.

You can also add a Spanish keyboard if you like but would need to go in and out of the keyboards as needed and this may require a restart/reset between changing between them......try turning off auto correct and see if this does work first.

To add another keyboard ....Settings - General - Keyboard - Keyboards - Add new keyboard.

Most reactions

Latest posts