What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-Mail Spaces?

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello all,
Can’t figure out why it adds a space at the top whenever I open up a saved draft?
Have to delete it to get the sentence, paragraph or whatever back to the very top again.
Been doing it as long as I can remember and thought I would finally post it on this forum...................since you people know everything!!!
Thanks (again) Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tried saving a draft and opening it again a few times. I can’t duplicate the problem. Are you using native Apple Mail app, and are you running the current version of iOS, 13.6? What email provider are you using?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Huh!

I did a little more testing. While you don’t get an extra line at the top when saving an email you originate, if you save a reply you do. Moreover, every time you edit and re-save to the draft folder it adds another line at the top.

I have no idea of how to prevent this. It does so whether you delete the quoted text or not.

Obviously, it’s a bug. Or if on purpose, the reason exceeds my ability to imagine why.

I’ll play around a bit more, but I suspect that even if I come up with a way to prevent it, it won’t be practical, and probably more trouble than just deleting the extra line(s).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tested it on my iPad Mini running the current Public Beta. Happens there too, so I submitted a feedback report on the issue. I made sure to mention that it happens on the current version of iOS, and probably on several previous versions.

While it seems strange that it would get overlooked for this long, who knows, maybe you are the reason this will finally get fixed. Or not. I doubt it will rise to the top of their to-do list.

EDIT: Well, I thought I was running the current Public Beta. No sooner did I post this, than I noticed that there was an update available. I’ll test again after the update and post something if the bug has miraculously been fixed. Unlikely.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’m just using g mail and msn. Doesn’t matter what it is but like you noticed it’s on reply’s.
I usually save someone’s e-mail, begin my reply then save it in drafts to finish later.
Yeah, every time I bring back the e mail to continue, it keeps adding blank lines.
I suspect, it thinks you want to start a new paragraph or line, so it adds a blank space after bringing something out of drafts.

Got the latest update that just came out but like I mentioned, it’s been doing this forever and I’ve just been putting up with it.
Thanks for submitting whatever that was you submitted!
Ken

Most reactions

Latest posts