What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delete e-mails.....More vs Trash

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi folks,
On some e-mails when I swipe left to delete an e-mail I have to go to “more”, then drop down to “trash message”.
Most of the time when I swipe left to delete, the red “trash box” is right there.
Why the difference??
Thanks, Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just a guess, but if you have more than one email account set up in Mail, then it might be a difference in how you have your Trash/Archive/Delete mailboxes set up in the different accounts. You can see what is set up under Settings > Passwords & Accounts > choose the account > Account (at top of page) > Advanced. Whether/where you have the Deleted mailbox set, and and whether you have Deleted Mailbox or Archive Mailbox set as a discard behavior are the most likely culprates.

You should also review your settings under Settings > Mail > Swipe Options.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the tips. There’s about eight e-mail addresses and they all have “deleted mailbox” and “use ssl” active. No archive.
The swipe things are all the same direction too so who knows?
Always something weird that pops up with this stuff.
Ken

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No other ideas then, I only have three accounts set up in Mail, and they all behave the same. I could try duplicating your issue, but am too much of a coward. I like my email to work. :oops:

Most reactions