What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dvd on ipad need help

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi please can you guys help, as when I try to put a DVD on the iPad from iTunes it keeps asking if I would like to remove 8 apps if I say yes it will remove them then put the DVD on. Please how do I stop this. Thanks for reading Martin

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the same PC to synchronise the iPad and transfer the DVD? If the PC you're using is synchronised to another iPad/iPhone etc then this might cause the problem.

Tim

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Are you using the same PC to synchronise the iPad and transfer the DVD? If the PC you're using is synchronised to another iPad/iPhone etc then this might cause the problem.

Tim

Hi Tim thanks for the reply, I am using my home pc it's only used with this iPad. It is doing it every time I put a DVD on.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Avoid this by just dragging your DVD over to the iPad and don't try to do it through the sync tabs along the top of iTunes. I manually manage movies and music this way as I find it a lot less hassle.

Last edited:
OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
Avoid this by just dragging your DVD over to the iPad and don't try to do it through the sync tabs along the top of iTunes. I manually manage movies and music this way as I find it a lot less hassle.

Hi thanks for that, I will give it ago in a bit & report back. All the best Martin

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:

Hi just had ago but can not do it can you tell me what to do as I am new to all this thanks.

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
glaze77 said:
Hi just had ago but can not do it can you tell me what to do as I am new to all this thanks.

Hi again I have tried to drag it over but it does not go on the iPad let me know what you think thanks again Martin

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
glaze77 said:
Hi again I have tried to drag it over but it does not go on the iPad let me know what you think thanks again Martin

Hmmm....not sure. Does it come up with any message? I've had a message before saying the film will not be added as it will not play on an iPod, ie, in the wrong format. When i rejigged the film format, the copying over happened perfectly. I've never had a problem with copying to an ipad though. When you say a DVD, do you mean a digital copy of a film? Was it downloaded from itunes? When I add digital movies from my iTunes library to my iPad, I drag them from the library list in the main part of the screen, over to the iPad list on the left. As I drag it over, the iPad list changes colour and a '+' appears as it gets added. I wonder if it is the format it doesn't like.

Last edited:
OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jockscrap said:
Hmmm....not sure. Does it come up with any message? I've had a message before saying the film will not be added as it will not play on an iPod, ie, in the wrong format. When i rejigged the film format, the copying over happened perfectly. I've never had a problem with copying to an ipad though. When you say a DVD, do you mean a digital copy of a film? Was it downloaded from itunes? When I add digital movies from my iTunes library to my iPad, I drag them from the library list in the main part of the screen, over to the iPad list on the left. As I drag it over, the iPad list changes colour and a '+' appears as it gets added. I wonder if it is the format it doesn't like.

Hi thanks for the reply's, I have one got it going the way you said & yes it is so much easier thanks again Martin.

Last edited:

vbriggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Huh?

Sorry if this is off topic, but are you saying you can drag a DVD into iTunes and it will put the movie on your iPad???

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Firstly, we need to establish what is meant by a DVD. If it is a DVD that has been recorded off the tv by yourself, it won't need decrypted but will still need to be converted in to a format that can play on an iPad. Handbrake will do this for you and is free. Search this forum for more info. Prerecorded DVDs are encrypted and need to be decrypted before converting, by a program such as dvdfab. Further reading on the copyright rules on making digital backup copies of DVDs which you own is advised.
So then after converting, you have a digital movie somewhere on your computer. This needs to be brought in to iTunes (file, add file to library). Once in iTunes, it will be found in the computer's iTunes film library. After connecting your iPad, you will then be able to drag the film on to your iPad.

Most reactions