What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duplicate Emails

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On one of my ipads get duplicate emails. On the the other one Ido not. The same email service for both ipads.

Same exact settings. Same application number.

Anyone have any idea how this can be fixed?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - seems like your question has stumped us w/o a response in two days, sorry - doubt that I have the exact solution but a few questions might help others to respond. First, tell us which iPads you own (be specific) and what iOS versions are installed on each. Second, below is a pic of my 'accounts' on my iPad Pro - does this page look the same in Settings on both of your iPads? Third, how have you set up 'forwarding' on your account(s)? Finally, I received a bunch of hits on googling 'duplicate emails' - just one HERE for you to read - I'm assuming you've probably already tried searching for possible answers. Good luck - Dave
Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 4.40.19 PM.png

OP
OneMarcil

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello - seems like your question has stumped us w/o a response in two days, sorry - doubt that I have the exact solution but a few questions might help others to respond. First, tell us which iPads you own (be specific) and what iOS versions are installed on each. Second, below is a pic of my 'accounts' on my iPad Pro - does this page look the same in Settings on both of your iPads? Third, how have you set up 'forwarding' on your account(s)? Finally, I received a bunch of hits on googling 'duplicate emails' - just one HERE for you to read - I'm assuming you've probably already tried searching for possible answers. Good luck - Dave
View attachment 89674

I do not any forwarding set to emails.
IMG_2717.png

The iPad that does not receive duplicates is using iOS version 12.4.1. The other is using 13.4.1. Both are iPad pros 12.9 inchers.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I do not any forwarding set to emails. View attachment 89675
The iPad that does not receive duplicates is using iOS version 12.4.1. The other is using 13.4.1. Both are iPad pros 12.9 inchers.

Thanks for the info above and the pic of your accounts - a LOT! :)

Is the shown accounts the same on both iPads? There is an identically named account, i.e. 'Mary Lou Maloney' - are the settings in those two accounts the same? If so and if not present on the device not receiving duplications, then you might want to test by deleting one of those 'same named' accounts; of course, if their settings are different, then may not help?

My only other suggestion is whether updating your iPads to the most current iPadOS (13.5.1) might help - there have been issues w/ Apple's mail apps and newer updates may help (or introduce other problems?) - let us know if you figure out the dilemma - Dave

OP
OneMarcil

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes. The one that is duplicating emails is on both iPads. The email programme support peeps are working on this.

The thing is the iPad with the older iOS version is not duplicating the emails. Only the one with the newer iOS version is.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes. The one that is duplicating emails is on both iPads. The email programme support peeps are working on this.

The thing is the iPad with the older iOS version is not duplicating the emails. Only the one with the newer iOS version is.

Sorry, but I'm not sure what else to suggest other that updating the Mail app on the 'misbehaving' iPad - you could also check in 'Mail Settings' to make sure the 'Always Bcc Myself' setting is not on - I've never tried it so not too hopeful of its effect? Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts