What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to send emails

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm having problems sending emails to some contacts. if i send a "test email" to myself or some contacts in the company, they go ok. With others i get a message "contact (+ name) refused by server". I've checked the settings and both incoming and outgoing smtp's are the same and the port is 995. all other settings are as with the laptop. Any ideas on how to fix?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much help this is, because you seem to suggest that you can send emails from your laptop OK. Many companies have a policy of blocking port 995 so it might be worth checking with sys admin whether they block 995 and 465. I'm assuming you're connecting to a company WiFi. If you have 3G you could get around the problem that way.

Tim

OP
M

midren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm not sure how much help this is, because you seem to suggest that you can send emails from your laptop OK. Many companies have a policy of blocking port 995 so it might be worth checking with sys admin whether they block 995 and 465. I'm assuming you're connecting to a company WiFi. If you have 3G you could get around the problem that way.

Tim

Thanks Tom. Do mean our system administrator or the company to whom I'm sending the email. If I change the port to 465, would that help? It happens regardless if I use WiFi or 3G. I also use a BB and have no problems yet I cannot see any variances in the settings of each item. I can send an email to, for example, 5 people. 3 will get it and the other 2 get blocked. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

dsm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
problems with outgoing email

I have BTINTERNET email it is using port 25 incoming and port 110 outgoing and the outgoing doesn't work it gets rejected by companies I am sending to an even when I try and forward an email to myself. Help:confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have BTINTERNET email it is using port 25 incoming and port 110 outgoing and the outgoing doesn't work it gets rejected by companies I am sending to an even when I try and forward an email to myself. Help:confused:

Are you sending from your home network? Normally Port 25 is used on the outgoing mail for the SMTP protocol. So it would be good to check whether you really have outgoing set to Port 110 and, if so, change it to Port 25.

Tim

dsm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
outgoing email problems

I use home network at home and my outlook uses 25 for incoming and 110 for outgoing. When I set up the email account on IPAD it did it automatically and used the same setting. I have tried sending emails when it is logged on to my home wireless and by using the 3g sim card but neither works. It rejects port 25 when I try to change it to that for both.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware - and other Members please feel free to correct me - these are the recommended email settings and port numbers...

Incoming server port:

IMAP
without SSL - 143
with SSL - 993

POP3
without SSL - 110
with SSL - 995

Outgoing server port:
SMTP
Without SSL - one of the following: 25, 80, 3535, 587
With SSL - 465

Tim

Dodirothhe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am unable to send emails from my iPad. It says servers to SMTP not responding. My server port is 589. It says I can switch accounts but to what account and how do I do this

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum - you posted in a thread that is over 2 yrs old and may not receive the attention deserved - hopefully a moderator will come along and place your post into a 'new' one; if not, then you might want to start a thread yourself in the appropriate forum. Dave

Sunni14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband recently bought an iPhone 5s and I did the upgrade for him. I had not done it on my iPad because I didn't
Have enough space. Now I receive an error message that my username or password is incorrect and I cannot receive or send mail.
Can someone help me?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My husband recently bought an iPhone 5s and I did the upgrade for him. I had not done it on my iPad because I didn't Have enough space. Now I receive an error message that my username or password is incorrect and I cannot receive or send mail. Can someone help me?

Hello Sunni.. - welcome to the forum - please see my previous post - the title of this 'old' thread does not address your issue(s) - please start a new thread w/ the above information in an appropriate forum; you are unlikely to receive any replies in this one. Dave :)

Sunni14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Sunni.. - welcome to the forum - please see my previous post - the title of this 'old' thread does not address your issue(s) - please start a new thread w/ the above information in an appropriate forum; you are unlikely to receive any replies in this one. Dave :)

Thank you Dave. I think I found the correct place to put this.

Most reactions

Latest posts