What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duplicate emails

freeze1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gonna try to make this as short as possible. Got an IPAD5. When an email comes to my att.net emailaccount, it comes to my ipad twice. When I deleteboth emails from my ipadit also deletes it from my att.net email account. It didn't used to do this.This all started the other day when I was losing my notes. I surfed this forum for that fixed and saw a post that said to go to my "notes" in my email account and I should be able to view the notes that I thought I lost. Did that on my desk top with my ipad next to me and magically the notes reappeard on my ipad. BUT!!!! Before I did that I went into my iPad via settings>mail, contacts, calendars. I noticed in my accounts I have iCloud, yahoo (it points back to my email account att.net), another yahoo acount which points to a different email addy (but there aren't any notes there ????), and an Att count which points to my att.net. WhatI want is this, when an email comes to my att.net account I want the emails to also appear on my ipad5. I only want the email on my ipad once. When I delete it off my ipad I want it to remain in my email account until Idelete it from there. That is how it used to be until a few days ago. I have another problem with my notes but I think if I resolved this issue it may take care of the other problem. We will see. Sorry for the long confussing post.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again Freeze1 - first, assume that you mean iPad4? Second, I would suggest getting back to basics and simplifying your current mail setup on the iPad. These are the steps that I would suggest for starters: 1) Turn off your settings in iCloud (see attached pic of my iCloud settings - I have only 'Find my iPad' ON); 2) Delete the Yahoo mail account; 3) Visit your ATT account (on your computer) - just checked and a POP3 incoming main protocol is used - usually when mail is forwarded w/ POP3, the messages are deleted on the server - look for a check box to 'leave' the mail on the server.

Now see if the iPad sends you just one copy of your ATT emails; delete the messages on the iPad and look to see if they remain on the ATT server. If still a problem, delete the ATT account on your iPad, and then set it up again. Let us know if these steps resolve at least the ATT issue of duplicates & server deletion, then the NOTES & Yahoo situations can be addressed. Good luck - Dave :)

iCloudoniPad.jpg

OP
F

freeze1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok while I was waiting for a reply I shut down my ipad over nite. This afternoon I opened my isp email account on my desk top pc and I had some new messgaes. I then checked my ipad and there also I had the messgaes. But this time they only appeared once. I read them and deleted them from my ipad. Checked my desktop and they still remained on the pc in my email account until I deleted them off my desk top. Sooooo, this appears to be working so far. Also I think I have resolved my other issue. If not I will post back.

I have a question. Can't I set up notification in this forum so that when someone replies to my post I will automatically be sent an an email to my email address? I thought I had this set up but it's not working. Don't know why.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmmm - well, not sure 'what' you did, but might have been an ATT server issue - Yahoo has been acting up occasionally for me (need to re-enter my password on my MacBook Pro but not the iPad - weird!).

As to your second question, go to 'Quick Links' at the top right, select 'Subscribed Threads' - then on each thread in that list that you want notification, click the little box to the far right - once done and BEFORE leaving the page, go to the bottom and choose an 'action' that you want done to the ticked off threads (sending you an email w/ different time options is present) - good luck! Dave

OP
F

freeze1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I spoke to soon. It's happened again. So what I did was this. I turned off the mail in all the counts exept 1. Sent a test email and so far I only got the email once on my iPad. Also while I was testing I received an email and it also hit the ipad only once. Maybe I got it fixed this time. We'll see.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok I spoke to soon. It's happened again. So what I did was this. I turned off the mail in all the counts exept 1. Sent a test email and so far I only got the email once on my iPad. Also while I was testing I received an email and it also hit the ipad only once. Maybe I got it fixed this time. We'll see.

Good luck and don't be afraid to delete accounts - can always be setup again easily. ALSO, in my explanation about turning on email notifications for your threads - my explanation referred to a regular computer & not the iPad - I was on my laptop when typing the directions - Dave :)

Most reactions