What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped iPad, Switch Stuck?

rtruett14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my iPad off of a bed, no cracks or anything, except for the bottom right corner being dented a little and a dent on the top right by the volume button and the mute switch. The volume buttons work fine, but the mute switch is stuck and doesn't work.

Just got the iPad on Christmas and I'm pretty sure I have an Apple Care laying around somewhere, will that or my warranty cover a replacement or something?

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always take it the apple store. Similar thing happened to me. iPad 2 did a nose dive off my desk when I turned my back to it. (I swear my electronics are suicidal, lol) everything is fine with mine but there was a dent between the volume buttons. Apple store wouldn't fix it... :/ and my volume buttons wouldn't work. I eventually took a razor blade wedged between the screen and frame and pushed out the frame really easily, except my cut finger, lol, so be careful! But now my volume buttons work great again and I can't tell there was ever a dent. Use a razor not a small thin screw driver, I tried and chipped some the frame, the razor left no marks.
Hope this helps!

ipadder474

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can always take it the apple store. Similar thing happened to me. iPad 2 did a nose dive off my desk when I turned my back to it. (I swear my electronics are suicidal, lol) everything is fine with mine but there was a dent between the volume buttons. Apple store wouldn't fix it... :/ and my volume buttons wouldn't work. I eventually took a razor blade wedged between the screen and frame and pushed out the frame really easily, except my cut finger, lol, so be careful! But now my volume buttons work great again and I can't tell there was ever a dent. Use a razor not a small thin screw driver, I tried and chipped some the frame, the razor left no marks.
Hope this helps!

First thing I bought was one of them clip on back protection devices, it's not a real fix but better then nothing. The iPad is a really thing slick package that is highly prone to being dropped.
Mine slipped out of my hand and on to the carpet the other evening.
Just glad is was carpet and not tile.
IMHO a Rubber type coating on the back would do worlds of good in keeping the iPad out of harms way.

OP
R

rtruett14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but I'm definitely not going to mess with something like that! Too accident prone.

Ccooluke, my OtterBox just came in yesterday, so I'm good on protection!

I just read that I posted this in the wrong forum, anyone know how I can move it to the Help one?

riotsarah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Luke! I always browse these forums but had to sign up to say thank you. My iPad slipped off my bed and didn't even make a sound. I didn't even notice anything was wrong with it until I dented it. I was going to take it into the shop to have them tell me it was going to cost god knows how much money. Just slipped a staple (it was all i had to hand!) down the side, and the dent is out and it's all working :D It's still dented a bit at the top but I really don't care about that. I can now listen to stuff again.

Most reactions

Latest posts