What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is your solution, phonegeek. Ditch that documents to go app. Get onlive desktop plus. Then you can open your document in excel and work with it here. You're expecting true Excel functionality from an app. Not likely to happen (though I do agree it would be better than what your video shows).

Hopefully, MS will release some real Office apps for the iPad. This is not an iPad problem, it's a app problem. Also, expecting true compatibiity of office on any mobile device, including Android tablets, is a joke. If you really want office get a Windows 7 or 8 tablet like the Samsung Series Slate. It will cost you more, but you will have zero compromises.

Other options are to see if you can load that spreadsheet into Numbers, an Apple app for working with spreadsheets.

You can try out Onlive Desktop for free.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
well i went to the apple and no luck they could not find any app that would run my excel docs as smooth as my GSII. so i ended up giving the ipad to my kids. and went and bought a real tab. i got the transformer prime. and now my docs run just as good as they do on my desktop, i am a happy camper once again:)

Hi phone geek-thanks for the update. Glad it all worked out...even if you ended up having to get another tablet. Well lucky for the kids to receive your iPad! I'm sure they are loving that!

phonegeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi phone geek-thanks for the update. Glad it all worked out...even if you ended up having to get another tablet. Well lucky for the kids to receive your iPad! I'm sure they are loving that!
yea it's not a total loss as i will still have access to it if i need it for something in the furture.

Gromgat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi just register. I cannot open dropbox on ipad. what do i need to do??

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gromgat said:
hi just register. I cannot open dropbox on ipad. what do i need to do??

You need to get the Dropbox app and supply your email and Dropbox password to the app. Then it should work. Other apps can use your dropbox space too.

Most reactions

Latest posts