What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox Quits

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can no longer use Dropbox on my iPad 2: I installed an app and tried to link it tomy account. After several failed attempts, it worked, but then when I try to open Dropbox, it quits before opening.

I have tried to do the following things, but none of them work:
Deleting the offending app and going to the Dropbox website and uninstalling the link.
Closing the app in the multitasking menu bar
Pressing the Sleep/wake button until the red slider appears to turn the iPad off and then restarting it
Pressing the SleepWake and Home buttons at the same time until the silver apple logo appears

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found the answer to my problem by going on the Net. I found someone with my identical problem and the solution.

In case anyone has this problem: My problem would be more accurately described as "a failure to launch" and the solution was to delete the Dropbox app from my iPad and downloading it again from the App Store. The solution worked like a charm and all my files were intact.

I did backup all my Dropbox files on laptop by putting all the folders in one master folder and selecting "Duplicate" and then offloading the duplicate of the master folder from my Dropbox folder onto my MacBook Pro.

I am not installing Educreations Interactive Whiteboard onto my iPad again.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your solution to your problem. If anyone else has this issue - I am sure they will be glad to find your tip.

And - glad you got it sorted for yourself, too! :)

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In case anyone has this problem: My problem would be more accurately described as "a failure to launch" and the solution was to delete the Dropbox app from my iPad and downloading it again from the App Store. The solution worked like a charm and all my files were intact.................................

Well, I was about to make that suggestion (just did it myself w/ another app) but you figured out the solution - congrats! :)

BTW, like your avatar, a R.C. Gorman print I presume? My wife and I have collected a LOT of art over the years including a lot of American southwestern prints - looked at but never bought a print by Gorman, but they are beautiful!

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your solution to your problem. If anyone else has this issue - I am sure they will be glad to find your tip.

And - glad you got it sorted for yourself, too! :)

Marilyn

Thank you, Marilyn! :)

OP
Asharp

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I was about to make that suggestion (just did it myself w/ another app) but you figured out the solution - congrats! :)

BTW, like your avatar, a R.C. Gorman print I presume? My wife and I have collected a LOT of art over the years including a lot of American southwestern prints - looked at but never bought a print by Gorman, but they are beautiful!

Thank you, Giradman.

When I was in New Mexico a few years back, I visited Gorman's gallery in Taos. I love his use of color.

You're one of the first members to welcome me to this forum. Thank you again for that welcome too!

Most reactions

Latest posts