What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropbox upload problems

EmilyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but it seemed like the best place.)

Recently I have been having a serious problem with Dropbox: I set it to upload photos that I've imported, it shows them as uploading, but when the upload bar is full the file simply vanishes and Dropbox has no record of it when I choose "show deleted" on their website. Sometimes the problem goes away when I reupload the same picture, but sometimes it doesn't. I know storage space is not an issue because I have a paid account with 100 GB (and am currently using very little of that). Does anyone else have this problem, and what can be done about it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
(Sorry if this isn't the right forum, but it seemed like the best place.)

Recently I have been having a serious problem with Dropbox: I set it to upload photos that I've imported, it shows them as uploading, but when the upload bar is full the file simply vanishes and Dropbox has no record of it when I choose "show deleted" on their website. Sometimes the problem goes away when I reupload the same picture, but sometimes it doesn't. I know storage space is not an issue because I have a paid account with 100 GB (and am currently using very little of that). Does anyone else have this problem, and what can be done about it?

I use this, too, and sometimes it happens that the pictures Dropbox uploads vanish from the top, but I find them somewhere in the middle or on the end, within "Missing Dates":

image-2457517339.jpg

OP
E

EmilyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found some files under "Missing Dates" but they don't seem to actually be the ones that vanished. Thanks for the pointer, though.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You didn't find them somewhere else, too? They need not be in "Missing Dates". They also can "hide" between pictures with a date.

OP
E

EmilyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my case, the Missing Dates pictures were found elsewhere, but only because I'd managed to get them into Dropbox through my PC or by re-uploading from my iPad. The files that went missing after iPad uploading, I never found.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's also a folder named "Camera Uploads" in Dropbox.

image-3929401935.jpg

Perhaps you'll find your pictures there? I've noticed that my pictures move there also, and they are ordered by the date they were uploaded to Dropbox.

image-2026001276.jpg

Last edited:
OP
E

EmilyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem seems to have resolved itself now, but thanks for those pointers anyway.

Dagwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just out of interest: do you upload photos "loose" to a folder or within a pre established folder ? I have lost photos during transfer but I don't think this has happened when they have been in a folder that I have transferred.
Dagwood

Most reactions