What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DisplayRecorder Woes

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a problem.

But before I get to that, what I generally do is record playthroughs of various video games and upload it to my YouTube account. I wanted to do a Mega Jump playthrough, so I used the DisplayRecorder tweak to record a video.

However, the file size is a little under 2 GB. I cannot upload it to YouTube directly from DisplayRecorder since it's too large for some reason, and when I add it to the Camera Roll and try to upload it to YouTube from there it will only allow me to upload small chunks of the video. The same thing happens when I try to e-mail myself the video.

I decided to try using DropBox instead, but I only have 2 GB of space which is apparently not enough because when I try to move the video over to DropBox through iFile, nothing happens. And, no, before you ask, I am not paying $100/yr for 100 GB of space and even then there's no guarantee that it would actually work.

My last resort is to somehow zip the file and send it over to DropBox - it would reduce the video size to 350 MB, which is well under the 2 GB limit. However, the only app that I know that can actually zip files is iUnarchive Lite, but it would constantly (and I do mean constantly) crash when I try to send it over to DropBox after zipping the video. I even tried e-mailing myself the zip file, but the same thing happens. The app store doesn't have any updates to fix it either.

So my question is: Is there another way to send videos to YouTube or to my computer without breaking it up into chunks, or is there a ZIP or RAR app that actually works that has DropBox support?

Thanks for any help!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried the computer program iFunbox? It's a free program that allows you do connect the jailbroken iPad (via USB) to your computer and browse through the file system. With it, you can drill down to where the video is and then just copy it over to your computer.

Maybe that might help?

Marilyn

OP
S

Sketchie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, that is exactly what I needed and it worked wonderfully!

Thank you! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My pleasure and glad I could help.

And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts