What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop Box Question

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering, does the dropbox app sync files onto the iPad so they can be used outside of a wifi connection? Or do they just work with the wifi connected?

Thanks

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
It does not automatically sync everything to the ipad. But once you mark something for download when you are in a wifi area, it is available when you are out of the wifi area.

OP
O

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you tell if a file is downloaded onto the iPad? I've viewed a few files from my DropBox on my iPad and can't tell.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
How do you tell if a file is downloaded onto the iPad? I've viewed a few files from my DropBox on my iPad and can't tell.

If you have viewed it, it is downloaded.

The easiest way to make sure you have what you need is to make it a favorite. and then you hit "Update all" any time you know you are loosing internet and it up make sure they are all updated to the most recent version and you can do your work and update again when you get back to connection.

OP
O

omro

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you have viewed it, it is downloaded.

The easiest way to make sure you have what you need is to make it a favorite. and then you hit "Update all" any time you know you are loosing internet and it up make sure they are all updated to the most recent version and you can do your work and update again when you get back to connection.

So only favourites are updated by that action or anything that's previously been downloaded?

Most reactions