What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloud music

JimC_WA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With all this free storage space out there with Dropbox, Skydrive, Google Drive, iCloud etc, does anyone know if there is an app that can stream cloud-stored MP3 files via a wifi connection? While DropBox etc can play a song, they don't seem to allow you to play multiple songs. I'd like to be able to listen to my choice of music while at work without having to use valuable disk space on my iPad without intervention between each song.

OP
J

JimC_WA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. I wasn't aware of that so I'll look into it. Cheers, Jim

OP
J

JimC_WA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, read up on all this and can safely inform anyone else following in my footsteps, Google Music with gMusic as the iPad app work brilliantly. I needed to upload my MP3 files from my PC using Google Music's music Manager. Once downloaded on to you PC it very easy to use. Sound quality is a good as directly from the iPad. Great stuff for less than $2.00 !

Also, note I did this from Australia (without a VNP or proxy service) so the access policy must have changed.

Last edited:
OP
J

JimC_WA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FollowtheSapper was right, having just done this with someone else showed creating a Google Drive account in Australia isn't possible without a VPN or proxy server account. However, once established you can use the account via a PC or ipad and upload files via an Australian IPS.

However, another product I have just stumbled on is called Cloud Music Box which plays tracks stored in DropBox. Might be worth a look!

Finally, one issue I have noticed with Gmusic / Google Drive is if you try to play an album that had multiple artists, their are all shown as separate albums (all with the same name) but differentiated by the artists name. Not ideal if you want to listen to the album in it's entirety!

OP
J

JimC_WA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Final thoughts. Firstly, where I have been saying 'Google Drive', I of course should have been saying 'Google Play'. Secondly, since starting to play in this space about a week ago, I am now aware of several other Apps that talk to Google Play such as 'Apps 4 G music', Melody and Music2Go. Having played with them and sorted out the issue I describe above with gMusic, gMusic has become my preferred App on an iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts