What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Droid X Drops Signal Bars Like iPhone 4

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPhone thing is total bs. I know a few people that have an iPhone 4 and none of them have that problem. I tried to do it myself, I held it completely covering both sides for like 5 mins and didn't lose a single bar.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kind of funny Consumer Reports did't find issue with these other phones Apple is claiming to have same problems. Jobs isn't letting up pointing fingers at other manufactures.

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is just silly. How long before we see commercials with Justin Long and John Hodgeman: "I'm an iPhone 4. And I'm a Droid X. If you touch either of us naked, we fall down."

Apple needs to tell consumers why the 4 is better than the X, not that they're both just as bad. :rolleyes:

shigeru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPhone thing is total bs. I know a few people that have an iPhone 4 and none of them have that problem. I tried to do it myself, I held it completely covering both sides for like 5 mins and didn't lose a single bar.

I bought 2 iPhones 4 for my girlfriend and myself. We have both experienced drop calls when holding the iPhone 4 in a certain way. I wish this wasn't the case, but it does exist.

We have since purchased cases [bumpers] and it does seem to have alleviated the issue.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The issue definitely exists with the iPhone and lots of people are reporting dropped calls and losing data. It worse on the iPhone because its a matter of simply shorting the two antenna pieces with your hand. Other phones can do it, but require you cover more of the phone with your hand - its just harder to do. Of course, the issue with the iPhone4 is way overblown since a piece of clear tape, Zagg shield, or bumper completely eliminates it.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has pulled the comparisons. As for Consumer Reports, they go out of their way to devise idiot ways of making things look bad for publicity.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im sorry, but you have to be delusional to call the issue with the iPhone 4 "BS". It is confirmed several thousand times over, has been acknowledged by APPLE and led to a massive hundred + million dollar bumper handout from APPLE.

The Droid X does NOT have this same problem. Apple hired a monster to squeeze the Droid X as hard as he could, literally watch his arm shake in the video, and was able to get SLIGHT signal attenuation. Of course, Apple not ONLY has signal attenuation, but also has an exposed antenna that when bridged with the WIFI antenna completely messes with the ability of the phone to receive the AT&T radio waves correctly. Of course Apple completely ignored this issue in their apologies and press conferences, but you can see the results of it on youtube. A key placed across the two antennas drops the signal from 5 bars to 1. So the attenuation, which is the blocking of the antenna by the hand forcing radio waves to travel through your hand before reaching the antenna, combined with the bridging of the 2 antennas changing the size and therefore receptive frequency of newly bridged 3g antenna, leads to a phone that is severely affected by the act of holding it.

The Droid X has none of that.

Most reactions

Latest posts