What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dreamboard

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

this previously paid app is now free. It's apparently a lot more customisable than Winterboard. I'm (un)fortunate to have an iPad 2, so no jailbreak for me. What do you guys think about it? Try it out and let me know!

Here's an article about it:
Alternative Theming Platform DreamBoard Goes Free For iPhone And iPod touch | Redmond Pie

It does say that not all packages are iPad supported, but I'm going to take that as meaning some nice ones will be ;)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up - good to hear this is now free. Looks like a pretty radical change from Winterboard and "regular" theming up to now.

BTW, I've moved this post into the main hacking sub-forum, as this sub-sub-forum is mainly for overviews/reviews of specific tweaks. As in, show off what a tweak currently does on/to the iPad.

So, brrip, if no one reviews Dreamboard before you (1) get your iPad2 jailbroken and (2) install the tweak ... come on back with an overview. I'd love to see it!

Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
B

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Thanks for the heads up - good to hear this is now free. Looks like a pretty radical change from Winterboard and "regular" theming up to now.

BTW, I've moved this post into the main hacking sub-forum, as this sub-sub-forum is mainly for overviews/reviews of specific tweaks. As in, show off what a tweak currently does on/to the iPad.

So, brrip, if no one reviews Dreamboard before you (1) get your iPad2 jailbroken and (2) install the tweak ... come on back with an overview. I'd love to see it!

Thanks.

Marilyn

Ah, that's actually better but I wasn't sure where to put it. It'll probably get more hits in the hacking section anyway. Thanks!

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just gave it a try and it locked up my iPad.
A respring didn't solve the issue either.
I was lucky I had cydia running in the background and that double tapping the home button still worked.
Had no choice but to remove it, and I don't think I'll be downloading it again.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly. (do I say that too much? :))

It is an inferior theming option simply because it is not fully developed and practical yet like winterboard.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The main problem, I believe, with this tweak is that it was/IS designed for the iPhone and Touch products. I've seen several videos and reviews on this and it looks as if it works great on those.

However, not so much for the iPad. Granted, there are some themes out there, but they aren't quite there yet (again, the basic Dreamboard product is an iPhone tweak - the themes for the iPad we see are a use of that baseline).

I'm just going to keep my eye on it and see what develops.

Marilyn

Most reactions