What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Zoo Help

ciawoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got the new update and guess what. Can't play the game at all now as it just keeps crashing. Brilliant )-:

djsoffar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem as mrshdjohnson, post #172 on my android Samsung Galaxy S 4G phone. I very often cannot place the animals. If I try to move them, it slips right back to the original spot. The only command I have is cancel. The same thing happens when I use the move tool. The item will not move, it just slips back to the original place. I also cannot place decor items.

Also what happened to the stork? Ever since the latest upgrade it no longer sits in the cradle and it is impossible to tell which animals are expecting on both my zoo and the zoos of friends.

Jeema

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does any know if you loose access to your land animals after the boat takes you to the new ocean animals?

kattie51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had trouble with dream zoo since I updated I deleted it a few times hoping it would load the last time I deleted it it went back to the beginning I was at level 60. And now I have to start all over! Is there any way I can get my dream zoo back to where I was please help

TexasSassy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lots of crashes since this latest update with the underwater animals. I have experienced trouble getting back to my land animals also. Sometimes if you visit your friends and then go home from one that is on land you will be taken back to your land animals. Doesn't work for me every time though.

mikaelamarzano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have been playing dream zoo for over two weeks and have earned about 20 dream zoo cash. Im I doing something wrong? When I visit my neighbours they all have loads of champions and so far I've about 4 and I've spent a small fortune getting them. I've got to the stage that I'm not going to give them any more of my money and now I'm stuck...

You are playing the game in a way it wasn't intended. You NEVER need to buy zoo cash. I used to play tap zoo, which made you pay to get things to complete achievements. Dream Zoo is unique in that zoo cash only adds benefits, but you can get everything in game with coins or hearts.
If you need hearts, add zoo neighbors.
If you need more cash you log off for a few hours and get back on.
You are not meant to accelerate everything. In fact, I think its awesome that everything makes you wait because you can put the game down and come back later. You are not supposed to play for hours, you progress day by day.

mikaelamarzano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
My question is for any dream zoo experts there may be about habitat expansions and the percentages they go by.

It seems that when I add plains land (to give more to my rhinos) the algorithms are not as simple as they seem. For example, usually all my rhinos (I have about 9)and plains lands are touching. They all equally made the same ammount - about 43K.
Today I kind of split them into two (they were still semi attached but there was a hole in the middle where a piece of land could be placed). For some reason doing this lead some of my rhinos to be at about 40K, while others were at about 23K, and one rhino (closest to the hole) was at 53K and had a +0 next to it.

My boyfriend sometimes has a similar problem. He owns a zoo of all rhinos (I don't know why).
Can anyone explain how exactly the percentage increase on the plains lands work? Is there an algorithm or something?
Is there a more complete guide that explains this?
I am level 36, my babies are in the front for easy hearts, and I gift hearts. Feel free to add me: BPWEIWN

Thank you ahead of time for any input you may have!

Well after I submitted this I found the answer, so I will post it for a reference:

Dream Zoo Adding Additional Habitat Space, What A Ripoff.

Last edited:

mikaelamarzano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody have any tips to make Dream Zoo stop lagging so much. I love this game but it often takes me an hour to collect from my animals when it should take 5 minutes tops.

ciawoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I'm due a phone update and wanted to know can you play dream zoo on android? I cant play it on my iPad as it crashes before it even loads. When I play it on my iPhone all I can do is collect cash then it crashes.

I have same problems with nearly all Zynga games. I play dream heights, cityville hometown and dream Pets, they all crash when I try to visit neighbours.

If I can't play dream zoo on android it's goodbye dream zoo as I'm sick inferior quality games. Also I have had to contact Zynga on 4 occasions for not receiving cash bucks I have purchased. I purchased 2.99 on dream heights and they took five payments out of my account and when I contacted them they only give me 5 payments at 2.99 back.

mikaelamarzano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lag

I works on Android, but lags like a mofo. I hate it. I don't know why I put up with it. Its good to play if you have something to do while you wait 2 minutes to collect from 1 animal...

I can't find any advice on how to fix this.

I have tried clearing nearly everything off my phone and it still lags just as bad.
I hate Zynga for making an awful game that is so fun.

shredguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
My question is for any dream zoo experts there may be about habitat expansions and the percentages they go by.

It seems that when I add plains land (to give more to my rhinos) the algorithms are not as simple as they seem. For example, usually all my rhinos (I have about 9)and plains lands are touching. They all equally made the same ammount - about 43K.
Today I kind of split them into two (they were still semi attached but there was a hole in the middle where a piece of land could be placed). For some reason doing this lead some of my rhinos to be at about 40K, while others were at about 23K, and one rhino (closest to the hole) was at 53K and had a +0 next to it.

My boyfriend sometimes has a similar problem. He owns a zoo of all rhinos (I don't know why).
Can anyone explain how exactly the percentage increase on the plains lands work? Is there an algorithm or something?
Is there a more complete guide that explains this?
I am level 36, my babies are in the front for easy hearts, and I gift hearts. Feel free to add me: BPWEIWN

Thank you ahead of time for any input you may have!

I am playing on an Android phone, but from what I've read in the forums and youtube comments this is factual for all devices.  Since the updates, the maximum habitat bonus you can get from your animals is 250%, which is 4 X 60% + a 15%.  Any more is a waste of coin.  Now if you have more than one animal touching any part of that, then the answer you found will tell you that it splits the bonus up.  Don't add more than one animal at a time to collect the maximum amount of coin.  There is a previous post that shows you how to move animals, one at a time, in and out of your maximum coin habitat.  Best way to maximize the value of all your animals.  Hope that helps.

shredguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I works on Android, but lags like a mofo. I hate it. I don't know why I put up with it. Its good to play if you have something to do while you wait 2 minutes to collect from 1 animal...

I can't find any advice on how to fix this.

I have tried clearing nearly everything off my phone and it still lags just as bad.
I hate Zynga for making an awful game that is so fun.

For ciawoman and mikaelamarzano;

I'm on an Android as well. Best way I've found to move quickly is to use the "move tool", go where I want, and then click done. The lag is not caused by the amount of stuff on your phone, but the amount of animation showing while the game is running.

vodkaflower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues going on safaris and visiting neighbors? It's so frustrating that this game is so addicting and soooo buggy! ;p I haven't been able to do anything except collect coins for days. I was wondering if reinstalling would fix it and if anyone knows if it's possible to save your data so you don't have to start over?

Thanks in advance for any help!

ciawoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vodkaflower said:
Is anyone else having issues going on safaris and visiting neighbors? It's so frustrating that this game is so addicting and soooo buggy! ;p I haven't been able to do anything except collect coins for days. I was wondering if reinstalling would fix it and if anyone knows if it's possible to save your data so you don't have to start over?

I had the same problem, could only collect coins. I contacted Zynga and they replied saying they are aware of the problem and would inform me when it was fixed. That was over a month ago. Log on to Facebook and your zoo will be saved using your Facebook account. You find it in Menu then settings. I had the same problem playing dream zoo on my iPhone. No matter what it keeps crashing, though my marine zoo works on my iPad, I would have to visit it from my iPhone then play it on iPad.

I have now solved it though. Ditched my iPhone and got myself a Samsung Galaxy Note and can play Dream Zoo on it with no problems at all (that is for now cause no doubt there will be an update with loads of crashing as in all Zynga games).

cheddarbob85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
vodkaflower said:

I am having the same problem dream zoo freezes and logs out every time I try to add or purchase something

Most reactions