What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

BDD93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kevinbonardo said:
Me too.. When I sell them and breed the first/real Chrome and Scorch, the Epic Breeding Sanctuary give me my first Ruby

Game Center ID : Pryptonic

I'll give that a go in 6 hrs lol

live for nothing, Die for something.. GC ID: BDD93

BDD93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is firework ever gonna be taken out?

live for nothing, Die for something.. GC ID: BDD93

Suzabella

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Natykm said:
I believe it to be 15 not sure though

I wish someone knew for sure; I thought 20. Thinking.....1-10 bronze, then it changes to silver for 10-15. If there's a gold, would it be 15-20. I don't know, aghhhh! :)

GCID: princesssuzabella

Suzabella

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
Okay, when you get your dragons past level 10 you will see they all form a little ball over their heads, so when you reach level 11, you will see this as way of acknowledging all your hard work thus far. Those balls will remain there until your dragons reach level 20. At that stage, your dragons will wear little spinning gold crowns over their heads. If you swing by Marc's place, you will see a few. Those crowns represent the highest achievement of all - level 20 dragons.

The shrines turn from bronze to silver when you reach level 10. That is quite an achievement as you will have leveled up 50 dragons that contains those elements...that's why hybrids are the best, because they level up multiple shrines depending on the elements contained in the dragon. Before metal came into play, a panlong dragon and a bloom dragon covered all 7 elements. As people began to get strategic and worked on these two dragons, bloom disappeared from the market.

Once you get 50 dragons to level 15, (of the same element) all those beautiful shrines that adorn your islands will turn gold. That's when the shrine grind really begins...so, happy breeding family, because the bigger they get, the more hungry they become.

Awesome info! That should keep me going for some time! Whew! So what I also hear is take them to at least level 20 to see the hard earned crowns! I will check out Marc's when I attend his next party! :) thx!

poncho.tinoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LSnake said:
Just out of curiosity, what combo did you use for the Gold dragon?

I've been trying the same two pairs all month now chrome/scorch so far I've had three rubies & now these two babies :) patience is the key! Although I was collecting all the failed eggs to keep track of failed tries & I decided to sell them off since I'll need the money & xp for a new habitat. I've seen a lot of comments on how changing things around your island increases your chances for rares! I don't know if it's true but it worked for me :) I got my first on the island & the second in cave ! Good luck on getting yours if you don't have one yet

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Suzabella said:
I wish someone knew for sure; I thought 20. Thinking.....1-10 bronze, then it changes to silver for 10-15. If there's a gold, would it be 15-20. I don't know, aghhhh! :)

Good evening girls. Just to clear up the confusion for anyone who maybe reading this thread and not sure how the shrines work.

A shrine will turn from bronze to silver when you level up 50 dragons that represent that shrine. That means you will have 50 dragons of the same element all at level 10. The good news is that hybrid dragons count for multiple shrines. To give you an example (example only) - if you level up 5 plant, 5 flower, 5 moss, 5 malachite, 5 lichen, 5 seaweed, 5 swamp, 5 cactus, 5 willow and 5 pollen, that is 50 plant dragons. Your plant shrine will then automatically turn from bronze to silver.

However, as flower is both plant and fire, that counts as 5 towards your fire shrine. As moss is both ground and earth, that counts as 5 towards your earth shrine. The same - malachite counts for 5 metal, lichen 5 cold, seaweed and swamp are both water dragons too, so that would count for 10 towards your water shrine. Cactus would count as 5 towards your lightening shrine, and willow and pollen as 10 towards your air shrines. So, you're not just leveling up you plant shrine, but multiple shrines at the same time.

Once you get 50 dragons of the same element at level 10 and that shrine turns silver, then you need to do it all over again. Another 50 dragons leveled up to level 15, and that element shrine will turn gold. The shrine remains gold even up to level 20. If you manage to get a dragon up to level 20, the nice little ball over its head will turn to a crown. Your shrine will remain gold.

Happy breeding all.

Last edited:

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swing on by my place and see what I have hatching. My gold is almost ready - just released my ruby so 31 hours to wait on that one, my slag has a few hours - looking' good. I've been doing a lot of dancing lately! O, and Marc is working his way towards gold for me in the colosseum as my malachite dragon in the plant event.

Last edited:

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
Swing on by my place and see what I have hatching. My gold is almost ready - just released my ruby so 31 hours to wait on that one, my slag has a few hours - looking' good. I've been doing a lot of dancing lately! O, and Marc is working his way towards gold for me in the colosseum as my malachite dragon in the plant event.

Oh i think i'll be doing better in metal event, but okay i'll try my best. ;)

"This game is simply the power of LUCK! Oh, and MAGIC FINGER!"  GC id: kryp2n8

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Diane, thanks for the info on shrines. It's very helpful!

Hehe, your remarks are always so funny kryp. You make me smile:)

Zati

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wasnt the firework suppose to leave yesterday?

gcid Zowie75

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Zati said:
wasnt the firework suppose to leave yesterday?

gcid Zowie75

Yes, I read that but unfortunately I got two fireworks yesterday and one today.. :-(

On a much happier note, I have my second panlong on the way yay!!!!!!! :-D

Edit: I put panlong and ice together in my EBC and that did the trick for me.

Last edited:

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay I'm done using cactus/metal for the malachite. Three coppers in a row is just too much. Any suggestions?

gcid: KOKO~PUFFS I only accept friends so message me if you add me ~*Ashley*~ ;)

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
peppiegal said:
Okay I'm done using cactus/metal for the malachite. Three coppers in a row is just too much. Any suggestions?

gcid: KOKO~PUFFS I only accept friends so message me if you add me ~*Ashley*~ ;)

I used the metal-willow combo. Took a couple of tries (3 or 4) but it did work. good luck!

Edit: longest fail time for this combo is 8hrs for willow, so no more copper;-)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts