What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That applies to you too snalfa. Do you have one in the making???? I see you are trying through both habitats. Hope you get one before they are gone from the market.

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
I'm guessing mud because of the cryptic comments posted by the wizard and I'm not sure what the other dragon will be. I've already started my hunt dde03

The message came along with the 1.8 update, it's just a random funny message, has nothing to do with the game. :) i think cold+water hybrid dragon could be one, coz pearl can be found at sea and cold to make it white. :) maybe they release the copper dragon just in time for pearl dragon. maybe a combination of copper+ice or copper+ice berg. Just a guess. :)

GC id: kryp2n8

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
The message came along with the 1.8 update, it's just a random funny message, has nothing to do with the game. :) i think cold+water hybrid dragon could be one, coz pearl can be found at sea and cold to make it white. :) maybe they release the copper dragon just in time for pearl dragon. maybe a combination of copper+ice or copper+ice berg. Just a guess. :)

The first one to post the winning combo will mean no more guessing for the rest of us - so, we are counting on you kryptie! You are like quick draw McGraw

KellyScott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you breeder out there think will be the elements we will need for Pearl?
Plant (organic) / Water (natural environment) / Cold (color) is my guess...

I think there needs to be an element that reflects the fact that the pearl grows around something that gets into the oyster... Like a grain of sand. Water and earth elements would be there for sure? And cold and lightning.

So I'm going to guess mud and Storm

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sammy2do said:
Is there any other combo to rainbow other than crystal and lichen?

These are the records for my Rainbows:

Seaweed L10 and Firefly L10 in EBI
Crystal L10 and Blue Fire L10 in BC
Blue Fire L12 and Cactus L11 in EBI

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mattpen29 said:
whats the breeding needed for a butterfly? and I got my second moon, my first emerald (still waiting on it to come out of the EBI) and I believe I have my second rainbow on the way. gotta check it.

Butterfly is Firefly and any Air hybrid

Sammy2do

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ManicDreamer said:
These are the records for my Rainbows:

Seaweed L10 and Firefly L10 in EBI
Crystal L10 and Blue Fire L10 in BC
Blue Fire L12 and Cactus L11 in EBI

Oh thanks....I'm gonna go with seaweed and firefly

Last edited:

Sammy2do

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DBL86 said:
Check out the dragonvale breeding guide. Dont have the link, but if u search for it on ipf it should come up :)

Thanks that helped...problem is they asking for higher than level 10 dragons to be breed but I still haven't got my shrines evolved and crystal and lichen comb wasn't working either.....

Sammy2do

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought that occurred to me..... If there is 12 gem stone dragons and 12 slots in the gem stone island then why am I trying so hard for a 2nd emerald......I'd eventually have to sell when there's no place....should I put the one that's incubating on display? it just seems like a waste and truly I don't have the heart to do that.....

skaterboy69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sammy2do said:
Just a thought that occurred to me..... If there is 12 gem stone dragons and 12 slots in the gem stone island then why am I trying so hard for a 2nd emerald......I'd eventually have to sell when there's no place....should I put the one that's incubating on display? it just seems like a waste and truly I don't have the heart to do that.....

Just put it on display kr keep a 2nd ome stored away just so u can always have 2

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sammy2do said:

Having more gem dragons means you can collect more gems while waiting for other gem dragon to complete your gem island, but then its just 1gem/week, so putting the 2nd one on display is not a bad idea. It's also nice to collect all 12 gemstone egg as your goal. :)

Last edited:

.chipper.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my 3rd emerald breeding and now a 48 hr! Hope it's a sun or moon, although a 2nd rainbow wouldn't be too bad.

DBL86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be aware if u fill up your gem island too early you will no longer be able to breed gem dragons. You need an open slot on your island to be able to breed one. For all those on the gem hunt, have u already bought ur island?

A friend of mine has filled his gem island with no available spots left. After 100 attempts at getting another emerald, no success. After he removed an emerald from the island he manager to breed another emerald. It might be coincidence, but worth knowing i say.

Last edited:

DBL86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As for pearl, im thinking crystal and seaweed. Any other suggestions :)

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DBL86 said:
Be aware if u fill up your gem island too early you will no longer be able to breed gem dragons. You need an open slot on your island to be able to breed one. For all those on the gem hunt, have u already bought ur island?

I haven't seen any info stating this. It would make sense, may I ask how you know this?

Most reactions