What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

babybee1370

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it doesn't lol, sorry it was very late, tiredness n all, should have read cactus/storm, I'd tried plant/storm too which didn't work, will teach me to read what I've written before I post!! :eek:

But that combo doesnt have cold?

Tiffany xoxo

drdragonlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yazelin said:
Update:

cactus = willow + sonic ( worked twice in a row )

??? = cactus + reindeer... Got 48 hrs ( not sure what it is yet )

need help with bloom... ?

Got two Blooms with Plant (10) and Storm (11). Strike rate about 1 in four.

Kim. Sent from my iPad using iPF

drdragonlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TommyB said:
So, just a stream of thought in a rambling post.

I love the new dragons, even though they are limited in availability of duration. I even enjoyed the high tension LYD hunt. I think that the limited time dragons are available for a good period of time, a numer of weeks as it seems.

We're enjoying the anticipation of updates, and each new dragon hunt is a lot of fun. But on the one hand we are scrambling to get the new one right away, and stressing out if we haven't got it immediately. On the other hand, it is kind of disappointing that we all seem to get it right away. The excitement of the chase only lasts a couple hours after the release. All the buildup, and the work BFS puts in, and it only lasts a couple hours to a day and suddenly we're bored again. That's askew.

Meanwhile, we have no problem chasing after dragons like Frostfire or Sandstorm for weeks! No crises if we haven't got a Panlong or Moon yet. I understand that the time limit of a holiday dragon makes for more stress, but overall I think we can observe that the ones we chase for weeks or months yield both less unenjoyable stress as well as greatly more fun when finally attained.

I love the holiday dragons, but honestly would have enjoyed Love, Clover, and Bloom way more if it had taken me a week to finally catch, rather than an hour or three. I hope BFS looks towards the rareity of the Sandstorm and Frostfire in the future more than the Clover etc.

For my part, I'm going to choose to lower my stress and increase the thrill of my hunt by not buying gems (well, also cuz I'm poor) for new dragons until the eleventh hour. I know I will appreciate each holiday dragon much more by hunting for it for a week or two than by madly breeding and speeding up for a couple hours and promptly being bored again.

Thoughts?

Very wise Tommy. I found myself spending gems its taken weeks to acquire cause I missed getting a breeding pair on other limited time dragons and couldn't breed more. I actually have two Bloom eggs in nest. But I wonder if they'll give more joy in the long term than the Moon that took me 3 months to get? Can anyone tell me if limits time dragons continue to breed true after BFS takes the eggs out of the Marketplace?

drdragonlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bossfanca said:
Hi everyone, :) new here, but not new to DV. My 5 year old twins and I are obsessed with this game, and when they went to bed tonight they said, "mommy, we hope we have a Bloom dragon when we wake up." No pressure there, nope. Aaacck! So I've tried storm and plant 4 times and keep getting more storms! Anyone having success with other combos?

We've got the "Epic love center island" as my kids call it, lol, will that help me? Thanks for any advice.

I used Plant in first slot. Did get one storm, a cactus, a couple of lichens, and two Blooms.

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
altraeis said:
Good evening DV friends, time for me to do my last check and packing before heading to bed before getting up at sparrow fart tomorrow to head off on our two month trip around the world.

Hopefully I can contain my excitement and not lay awake all night.

As such, I will not always have wifi, and thus I will become less frequent to this great community, only popping in when I can get a decent connection. Though I will endeavor to check on DV as often as I can.

Thank you one and all for your delightful banter and the great source of information that we all share.

Until I return, goodnight and happy breeding.

Simon

Have a safe trip...

Sent from. Tricia xoxox. http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-game...g-guide-no-guarantees-no-friend-requests.html

drdragonlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
altraeis said:
I got my 1st Bloom with Lichen & Storm on the 4th attempt and the 2nd after two more attempts. Thank goodness I had more luck with this one then I had with the Clover.

Both in the EBI.

Si

Well done.

drdragonlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
StormEvans said:
Oh lordy! It's a sun and moon babyboom!

Yet I can't seem to breed a second Moon for love nor money. That's what keeps us keen I guess.

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions