What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hey fletch I was wondering if you could work out a little plan of attack for my son with his shrines ?

Nah, I'm a bit over that now. Sorry, but you'll just have to do it on our own.

Just kidding ...

He's still pretty low down he does not have any silver shrines and does not own the air and metal shrines as they are nit available yet, he has saved over 70 mil cash and nearly 1 mil food ........so here's his totals so far for level 10 s

Plant 32/50
Earth 29/50
Fire 31/50
Cold 19/50
Lightening 24/50
Water 23/50

I can certainly do a plan for Silver shrines, and I'd be happy to do so. It's a bit tricky without the last two shrines, but ...

18 Plant
21 Earth
19 Fire
31 Cold
26 Lightning
27 Water

Also, does he have 2 Panlongs? Because that's obviously the best start.

21 Of those will be a great start. Would you mind counting up his dragons with the Air and Metal elements to give me a starting point? After the Panlongs he would have

18 Plant
31 Cold
26 Lightning
6 Water
? Air
? Metal

Will leave it there until you get back to me re dragon numbers and Panlong availability.

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just destroyed one of my fire habitats. Now down to 2. All the dragons are safely hibernating. And now waiting for my 7th earth habitat to be built so I can fill it with all the panlongs I am breeding. Still lots of feeding left to do, and much more breeding. Would be so nice to have the option to buy a third breeding cave!!! Even if it was just a regular cave!!! Also, the gem tree really needs to refresh more often! Somehow I got a day behind as the time to refresh just kept getting later and later. Now it refreshes early in the morning.

April :) GCID Servant 16:9 (daughter Allison GCID Angel2all; daughter Amanda GCID Servant to one)

This is my pet peeve with the BFS. I synced the competition with the gems. As each should be every 24 hrs. The competition is definitely, however the gems are not. I need to do a complete shut off, sometimes twice to get the gems reload. At least I know it 24 hrs exactly and the tree should be reloading. There was a couple of days I would wake up at 2 AM to gift gems and switch dragons for the comp. Addict mentally. . .insane.

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks! :). Yep, the shrine grind. Just can't seem to stay away from it. It is the ultimate goal for me and I just can't seem to stop myself from breeding and feeding until its done!! No patience for that on my end. I will sit there and watch the food grow just waiting to feed the little buggers up to the next level..haha. I know...crazy right!!

April :) GCID Servant 16:9 (daughter Allison GCID Angel2all; daughter Amanda GCID Servant to one)

No, I find myself doing the same thing. LMAO.

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all. Could someone tell me if its possible to get a Cold dragon by breeding Cold and Poison. I've been trying forever to get a frostfire and now I finally got a 12 hours, but then I thought it might be a Cold. I don't want to speed it up, as I'm low on gems, but I'd like to know if I finally got that frostfire or I should wait before doing a happy dance lol! Cheers.

I believe you will need to purchase your cold dragon, as it is one of the pure elements, like, fire, water, plant, earth. You may have a blue or frost incubating now.

drdragonlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M.P Meyer said:
Wooohoooo!!! My 48hr time was a moon, so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have all dragons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done. It's a thrill,isn't it?

Kim. Sent from my iPad using iPF

TonyaJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fletch, I was wondering if you could help me work out my strategy for my gold shrines. I've mainly been breeding pans and loves, but I'm a bit lost as to what I should be breeding now. I have pairs of all the dragons, except bone which i only have one of. These are my current stats:

Fire already gold
Lightning 23/50
Air 29/50
Water 29/30
Earth 27/50
Plant 20/50
Cold 10/50
Metal 3/50

Any help would be much appreciated, as I am hopeless with maths.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Segbert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Fletch or Poppy,

If you could guide me to the most DC/food effective way to Gold, I would greatly appreciate your wisdom.

Level 15 Drags

Cold 14, water 13, earth 14, fire 21, air 10, plant 3, metal 7, and lightening 11.

Combination of hybrids below level 15

Cold 21, water 25, earth 29, fire 39, air 22, plant 20, metal 16 and lightening 31

All shrines are silver, besides metal 22 level 10.

I am thinking if I fed all the hybrids dragons to level 15, the balance remaining to reach gold are:

Cold 29, water 25, earth 21, fire 11, air 28, plant 30, metal 34 and lightening 19

I hope this is clear?

Thanks

Shirley

I am thinking in time wise to feed all the dragons to 15 but, not sure what to do after???

Last edited:

vampi64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
demonioazul said:
Hello all. Could someone tell me if its possible to get a Cold dragon by breeding Cold and Poison. I've been trying forever to get a frostfire and now I finally got a 12 hours, but then I thought it might be a Cold. I don't want to speed it up, as I'm low on gems, but I'd like to know if I finally got that frostfire or I should wait before doing a happy dance lol! Cheers.

Do a happy dance!!! It's frosty OR bluefire x

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Fletch, I was wondering if you could help me work out my strategy for my gold shrines. I've mainly been breeding pans and loves, but I'm a bit lost as to what I should be breeding now. I have pairs of all the dragons, except bone which i only have one of. These are my current stats:

Fire already gold
Lightning 23/50
Air 29/50
Water 29/30
Earth 27/50
Plant 20/50
Cold 10/50
Metal 3/50

Any help would be much appreciated, as I am hopeless with maths.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

While you're still getting 3 elements done with the Panlong, keep breeding those for Earth, Air and Water. So 21 more of those. That will leave you with:

27 Lightning
2 Earth
30 Plant
40 Cold
47 Metal

Now we're a bit stuck because Plant doesn't combine with Metal. Cold generally has the longest breed times so I'd combine Plant with it, making 30 Lichens to leave us with

27 Lightning
2 Earth
10 Cold
47 Metal

27 Magnetics, 2 Irons and 10 Mines will leave us with 8 Metal dragons to get. So,

21 Panlong
30 Lichen
27 Magnetic
10 Mine
8 Metal
2 Iron

Now because you have 8 x 1 element dragons (the Metals) you could split up 3 of those panlongs to their separate elements to combine with the metals to give you 3 Iron, 3 Chrome and 3 Rust. This will drop total dragons required by 2 and save you 3 x 36 hours of breed time (replacing each one instead with 14 hours for an Iron, Chrome and Rust dragon for a Net Gain of 22 hours). So the final tally is:

18 Panlong
30 Lichen
27 Magnetic
10 Mine
5 Iron
3 Chrome
3 Rust

96 dragons all up.

angel2all

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M.P Meyer said:
Wooohoooo!!! My 48hr time was a moon, so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have all dragons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!!! Congrats!!!!!!

angel2all

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Segbert said:
This is my pet peeve with the BFS. I synced the competition with the gems. As each should be every 24 hrs. The competition is definitely, however the gems are not. I need to do a complete shut off, sometimes twice to get the gems reload. At least I know it 24 hrs exactly and the tree should be reloading. There was a couple of days I would wake up at 2 AM to gift gems and switch dragons for the comp. Addict mentally. . .insane.

Hmmm I wonder if that is what happened to me. As I am constantly on DV...like all hours of the night. Will have to remember that and hopefully get my gems back on my normal gemming schedule.

angel2all

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reported above

It went away right after I reported it. Wow! Someone is on top of things tonight!!!

Last edited:

Most reactions