What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks shellee I will ..... And I hope so too I really hope it's not really hard like it was for us I'm praying that he gets it quickly like others did here , as he's only 10 patience isn't his strong point lol really need to get him that EBI so he can have double the chance x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10

Right! Poor little guy! How close is he now with gems to get it? Maybe we can pull together and get him enough gems so he can breed 2 at once. Wish I could give him one....

ilUli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello DV addicts,

I'm off to build my Panlong Chinese gold generator... I will be breeding and breeding Panglongs for the next many days.. I hope I have the patience to carry this on for the next few days. Dun have much gem to speed up.. So will maximize the 2 breeding caves for more panlongs.. I adopt the idea from Poppy..

Shifted some dragons around to allow more positive generation of cash while saving more money for food which is a headache.... Manage to feed 1 Panlong dragon to level 15.. And I have finally finish upgrading all shrines to silver. Yippee!!

Happy foot anyone here who has breaded their 48 hours or 36 hours... And happy for those who has or close to complete their gold shrine too!!

Best thing to do I'd to start breeding Panlongs at night, that way you only lose 1day where you could use the caves for breeding something else. Plus, 36 hours go by much faster when you spend more time asleep. And if your parent panlongs spend 2 nights breeeding, you wont lose as much money as you would if you had them in the cave for 2 days and 1 night. Of course the eggs will still sit in the nursery for another 36 hours, but I always find that easier to bear.

Go get'em! :)

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep another sicky our whole house is infected with germs lol we have colds ,thanks I will soon :) x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10

Oh no! Hope you all get better soon! The grandkids are sick again and so is mommy. Ugh! They are here at my house daily mostly from the time they get up until it's time to go home for bath and bed. We usually have dinner together as well either here or at their house and I have been dreading getting sick again. I have had enough this year all ready. :(

sunfresh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ilUli said:
Best thing to do I'd to start breeding Panlongs at night, that way you only lose 1day where you could use the caves for breeding something else. Plus, 36 hours go by much faster when you spend more time asleep. And if your parent panlongs spend 2 nights breeeding, you wont lose as much money as you would if you had them in the cave for 2 days and 1 night. Of course the eggs will still sit in the nursery for another 36 hours, but I always find that easier to bear.

Go get'em! :)

Yeah.. I felt the same way too! It's better for me to breed at night.. It's so much easier to bear.. :)

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the past day, I've been trying for frost/blue fire dragons using cold and fire both level 10. I am wondering if I should use different levels. Does it make a difference?

I'm not really sure. Don't think so. What works for me a lot of the time is throwing in a different pair maybe airs or something for a few try's and then throwing the combo back in. Trying to trick the game. haha Do you have one of either of them? If you do you can try to breed them with a level 4 short time dragon and see if it works. Hope you get them soon! :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried Blazing10 x Mud 4 about 10 times now, no rares for me :(

It's frustrating I know. Keep trying. Maybe throw a different combo in for a few tries and then throw that one back in. Seems like the first times I tried for the major rares it was more than 50 try's before I finally got one. You will get one...I hope it is real soon! Good luck!

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ilUli said:
Nah, of course I return every gem I get...that's exactly my point, you try your best to give. All I'm saying is that it doesn't feel as good when I return a gem to a friend who I see has a high level, has lots of friends and I can see that they receive plenty of gems, but who doesn't have the tree. I have 2 friends like that on my list, of course I return their gems. Would I initiate the giving...no. Would you?

Btw, the more you give, the more you receive :)

But please keep in mind that some of us buy gems. I know that I do about every other week...

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

phibes74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
phibes74 said:
But please keep in mind that some of us buy gems. I know that I do about every other week...

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

That way I can build up my stash a little quicker in case we get a crazy update or something....;)

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been trying for a second panlong for ages. Trying mud & blazing and Fog and bone/lava. I also switch order every so often. Could any one tell me if there is another combo for it working? BTW, fog and bone gave me 3 rainbows in the last 2 weeks i believe, so if you need a rainbow, you could try it. :)

What as worked for a lot of people is to use panlong with say a level 4 plant. Congrats on all those rainbows! :thumbs:

Here s a list that 250strong put together. It's being updated constantly and will be something to watch. :thumbs:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-game...g-guide-no-guarantees-no-friend-requests.html

Last edited:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Morning DV Addicts from sunny California,

Early bird catches the dragon!!! My first incubation this morning is a 12hrs. Which means its a blue or frost dragon for ME!!!! YAY, Yay, and yay!!! FIRE with ICE level 10 both.

Happy breeding!

Yay! Congrats! One down! :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got that dreaded message again "and others gave you gems". It was sometime between 4:30 - 7:30 AM US Eastern time. These are the people that I received from before that and after that. I am missing one. Please let me know if you sent one and are not listed here. Chillm, michelin grey, bmmckevitt, dazz34, jbobcat59, julie2855 and denyanto.

ilUli

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sent from. Tricia xoxo

Yikes! This is getting out of control! Yes, I do keep that in mind, more than I want to since I'm constantly tempted to buy more myself to speed up the panlongs ;). I bought my tree and my EBI with purchased gems, and caved one more time. Gotta support BFS :)

Let me give you two examples of what I'm talking about, I hope that will finally make my position clear.

A while ago I realized that one of my friends who was probably at level 27/28 back then (level 30 now) didn't have the tree. I checked in the GC and saw that this person has upwards of 150 friends. Do I think this person only receives 3 gems a day...no. I still return the every gem I receive, I'm just not as happy about it :). As i mentioned earlier, I have noticed i have another friend like this, no biggie, just not nice IMO.

Then there's another friend, level 28, with over 125 gems, has all rares...but only 20 friends. Yes, I think it is absolutely possible that this person doesn't need the tree :)

To sum it up: I return all gifts I receive, feel better about some than others; sometimes I initiate the exchange, sometimes I receive first; I feel really bad when I get the '-and others' message and can't find out who gave the gem.

:)

Tonks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. Lots of posts on this. If anyone knows when this thread got posted Plz tell. You original (gives you more of a chance) Fire Dragon (left) and Water Dragon (right) in the breeding cave. They breed Air Dragon.
Tip

DO NOT JAILBREAK YOUR iPOD, iPAD OR iPHONE!!!!!!!!!!
It takes the fun out of Dragonvale.

Thanks
Tonks

Most reactions

Latest posts