What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Brooklyn11220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy breeding everyone , excited very excited with these new dragons. Collecting and saving for my final gold shrine, all day playing and breeding. Hope everyone gets what they are trying to breed and for you newbs out there it's good that you are starting now and have found this forum because for most of us we had no one to give us tips on what to do or how to do it. Now we all here can help you to reach your Dragonvale goals with much ease. So enjoy the ride like we have and are still doing. Breed on!!!!

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does any1 know Wat iceberg egg looks like got 8 hour off water an ice got a blue egg with lighter wavy lines might be ice or snow?

It sounds to me like a snow or fog but would have to see the egg. Iceberg is darker blue with snowflakes.

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Code:
I just put ice and scorch in the epic breeding cave hoping for a second frostfire, and ended up with a 48 hr incubation instead. Does anyone know which of the rares this is likely to be?

Lol holy crap! Congrats! Probably either sun or moon. I want to say moon but you know this game. Oh I sure hope this doesn't happen to me. The cash would be nice but the 4 day wait. Yikes. I would probably waste the gems haha

skunamuffin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rweav13 said:
Thats one thing I love about this forum site. Everyone is pretty open and willing to help out. And I am the most impatient person ever! And were all a little crazy! I do have a question though since you mentioned. Well, 2. What do element boosters do? And what's the average amount of rewards you reap from a first place coliseum victory? Thanks in advance.

Welcome new friend! You added me (royal w/cheese) yesterday. Moving along quite well! Patience is definitely key to this game.

Boosts help dragons of that particular element earn more cash/min. Careful where you place the boosts though, cause it also makes other elements' dragons go negative.

Here's a list of the boosts:
Air boost=. +air/-earth
Cold boost= +cold/-plant
Earth= +earth/-air
Fire= +fire/-cold
Lightning= +lightning/-water
Plant= +plant/-cold
Water= +water/-lightning

I think for most of us, we can get all dragons positive except sandstorm and reindeer. Just depends on how many islands you have to spread out on.

Can't remember how much cash and xp for the coliseum....couple 100k?

Good luck on your first coliseum bout!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm guessing that it could b a sun because of the scortch dragon.... But let me know of u get a moon been trying for a while now :-(

Hey gabriela! *waves*. Been awhile since I seen you on here. Here is a updated list of moon combos I have written down. Hope it helps. :thumbs:

Moon

Scorch/snow - I got 1 sun, 3 moons from this combo
Mud/storm
Sonic/storm
Quake/storm
Blue fire/crystal
Ice/quake
Seaweed/storm
Swamp/storm
Sandstorm/storm - I got 1 moon from this combo
Flower/storm

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got an ice dragon and bought my second island. If only the coliseum event didn't take so long! So, I'm guessing the free gift is a free gem? I will make my rounds right after this post. Hope everyone breeds what they have to!

In the colosseum you get gems, xp and coins. How many depends if it's a gold, silver or bronze medal. With gold you get 5 gems. It's a awful wait but the free gems are well worth it. :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So excited got my first rainbow!! Yippee. Got the iceberg the first try and he is a bit ugly, but I bet his mother loves him (LOL). Now to get a moon and I will have every dragon, which includes bone and reindeer dragon. :)

Yay! Congrats! :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My net has been down, so I couldn't collect anything yesterday. :( but, my iceberg was ready to hatch, but no frost yet..

:eek: no! I would go even more CRAZY than I am now without my internet! Lol. Glad you got it going again. :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:mad: Got that stupid "and others gave you gems " again! I smartened up though and have been writing down next to every few names my gem count and what I win in the colosseum so I know I am only missing 1. If you sent me one last night between the hours 12am-9am EST and you are not one of these following 4 please let me know. Aj1029384756, chill?m, dekliko, or mxnana. I'm off to post in the gem thread now and hopefully find my missing gem giver. :)

skunamuffin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rweav13 said:
If anyone would be willing to send gems, that would be greatly appreciated!

You're on my list Weav for tomorrow's 3 gems I can send. (thank you for sending me one!) Still don't have enough gems to buy the gem tree, otherwise you'd be getting one today.

That's the bad thing about having a lot of DV/GC friends. You start getting more gems from people, but can only send 3 (or 6 w/the tree) per 24 hours. That's why I keep a list of who sent me gems so I can return them, in order, once I can again.

So you'll have another gem from me tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rweav13 said:
Thats one thing I love about this forum site. Everyone is pretty open and willing to help out. And I am the most impatient person ever! And were all a little crazy! I do have a question though since you mentioned. Well, 2. What do element boosters do? And what's the average amount of rewards you reap from a first place coliseum victory? Thanks in advance.

The boosts give you 20% + for some dragons, but 20%- for some. For example: earth boost give all the earthdragons and it's hybrids +20% on that island the earthboost is on, but all the dragons that are air or airhybrid on that island get 20% off. So choose wisely how to put things, because you can earn a lot, with the right combo with the habitats.

I don't know about the coliseum rewards, I do have notice they differ moneywise, I think I just believe it's because different missions.

Snalfa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GT500Girl said:
:eek: no! I would go even more CRAZY than I am now without my internet! Lol. Glad you got it going again. :thumbs:

I did woke up a number of time trying to get connected.. I was going into other rooms in the house seeking for connection, nada.. But now I'm back, started to get frustrated, turned the phone of for a while, and voila, here I am again!!! Ready to get that frost, I saw it at Brooklyns island, and they are very spectacular and give me cravings in mass!!!

Cox780770

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rweav13 said:
Just got an ice dragon and bought my second island. If only the coliseum event didn't take so long! So, I'm guessing the free gift is a free gem? I will make my rounds right after this post. Hope everyone breeds what they have to!

Yay congrats on ur iceberg ! And yes the free gift is a gem ! Also in answer to the question I missed last night! your boosters boost the income that ,that type of dragon will earn by 20% but it also has an opposite and will make others drop in income

For example the cold boost will give all cold dragons a 20% income boost but at the same time all plant dragons on the same island will have a 20 % reduction on there income so you have to think about where you place particular dragons when you have boosts hope this makes sense as I'm not very good at explaining things :) x

Sent from my ipad2 GCID dragonville10

Most reactions