What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I'm not a 'face booker' that's helpful info. I hope they increase the earnings on the dragons as they do appear to be low. Some of them adore not so pretty!

I agree totally! We've been given habitats with quite high cash levels and dragons that earn very little - it's the earth/metal dragon situation again...

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to breed a Light Rift dragon?

I'm trying to get a second one before the island and Rift dragons vanish, but I've tried light and light rift, which seems to endlessly give me light dragons (which incidentally do hatch in 10hrs unlike the purchased ones). I've also tried Drake Rift and Light Rift, which seems to give either light of dark dragons.

It may be that I just need to keep trying, but so far I've had 8 attempts of each combo and got consistent results....

For the Dark Rift I was able to get enough dark magic to be gifted 2 Dark Rift dragons, so I've not had to try for that one, however I did breed them together for a dark rift pedestal.

According to the DV Sandbox the only combination for a light rift is to breed two light rifts, unless your park is level 20 or below. You can then breed one with light and light rift. Good luck with your breeding if you are below level 20 but the odds are not high.

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the DV Sandbox the only combination for a light rift is to breed two light rifts, unless your park is level 20 or below. You can then breed one with light and light rift. Good luck with your breeding if you are below level 20 but the odds are not high.

Thanks for the information... Seems a very odd rule, especially when they're telling us to hurry up and get them before they leave!

I'm not impressed that players above level 20, i.e. those of us who've been playing longest are penalised. I'm level 50 and have played since the very beginning.
I feel the need to complain to Backflip as they've not discriminated against long term players before. This isn't something they want to start doing if they want their fans to stay loyal.

marie6065

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sooo disappointed !!!! After spending all my energy on the light dragons I couldn't make enough energy for the Dark side. I managed to get one egg (which they gave me a pedestal ) but was just short of my second and then to find out that I couldn't breed a dark rift dragon because i was over lvl 20 is just the pits :(

GC ID: ~ mari3c ~ Patience & Perseverance

Aries1979

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sooo disappointed !!!! After spending all my energy on the light dragons I couldn't make enough energy for the Dark side. I managed to get one egg (which they gave me a pedestal ) but was just short of my second and then to find out that I couldn't breed a dark rift dragon because i was over lvl 20 is just the pits :(

GC ID: ~ mari3c ~ Patience & Perseverance

I got one egg for the light side, but was gifted with both a rift dragon and egg pedestal. I also only got one egg from the dark side, and was given one rift dragon and no pedestal. Did everyone get something different?

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ManicDreamer said:
Thanks for the information... Seems a very odd rule, especially when they're telling us to hurry up and get them before they leave!

I'm not impressed that players above level 20, i.e. those of us who've been playing longest are penalised. I'm level 50 and have played since the very beginning.
I feel the need to complain to Backflip as they've not discriminated against long term players before. This isn't something they want to start doing if they want their fans to stay loyal.

It's not penalizing or discriminating long term players. I think it's just because Light and Dark dragon will only be available at level21, while the Dark Rift and Light Rift is available below level 21, so when they breed Dark Rift and Light Rift, the only outcome left is either Dark Rift or Light Rift. i also think, above level 20 players can also get the the Dark Rift or Light Rift when breed them together, but the chance is low like gemstone dragon, but i can't prove this. :)

Last edited:

pristoph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got one egg for the light side, but was gifted with both a rift dragon and egg pedestal. I also only got one egg from the dark side, and was given one rift dragon and no pedestal. Did everyone get something different?

I earned 1 light habitat and 1 light rift dragon, two dark habitats and 2 dark rift dragons....I contributed to dark first, then went to light and then back to dark after light was closed. I was gifted a light pedestal and egg and a dark "remnant", which is just a decoration I think.

GC: pristoph ......... HD Level 51(making candy!!)......DV Level 30

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aries1979 said:

Yes just the same. Because the pedestal is only awarded for the winner side. If the dark side finished first then we get the dark pedestal but no light pedestal. The dragons and habitat is awarded for the magic you contributed.

Aries1979

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow. It took me a ton of tries, but I have my first Gamma on the way. That will complete having one of each of the new light dragons. How's everyone else doing?

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow. It took me a ton of tries, but I have my first Gamma on the way. That will complete having one of each of the new light dragons. How's everyone else doing?

Congratulations on your Gamma, I don't have one yet. I have 2 dark, 2 cave, 2 dungeon, 2 root, 1 nightshade, 2 watch, 1 flash, 1 heat, 1 ember, 1 luminous, 1 sand and 2 meadow so far.

I have been concentrating my island breeding on getting a silver Olympus. I have had 4 fails of bronze Olympus but I really need my first silver.
Good luck everyone.

Mossyman87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my first gamma dragon. And I would say it was modeled after the Hulk. description says lightning struck a "banner" :)

pristoph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's a good combo for the jet? I didn't buy one when they were discounted and now I'm kicking myself all over the breeding island!

GC: pristoph ......... HD Level 51(making candy!!)......DV Level 30

Last edited:

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What's a good combo for the jet? I didn't buy one when they were discounted and now I'm kicking myself all over the breeding island! GC: pristoph ......... HD Level 51(making candy!!)......DV Level 30

image-3079272941.jpg

Shame you didn't buy one. With all that magic in the air it has created havoc in breeding. Here is the combo you need, and all the potential outcomes...good luck

:D diz diz dizzy

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congratulations on your Gamma, I don't have one yet. I have 2 dark, 2 cave, 2 dungeon, 2 root, 1 nightshade, 2 watch, 1 flash, 1 heat, 1 ember, 1 luminous, 1 sand and 2 meadow so far. I have been concentrating my island breeding on getting a silver Olympus. I have had 4 fails of bronze Olympus but I really need my first silver. Good luck everyone.

Can you remember the combination you used for the Nightshade dragon?

I've got 2 plus an egg for all the currently available light and dark dragons with the exception of the Nightshade... Every dark/plant combo I've tried has given me the Fungus dragon. Only consolation is that they sell for over 3 million dc.

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my first gamma dragon. And I would say it was modeled after the Hulk. description says lightning struck a "banner" :)

I can certainly see your thinking. On the appearance of this one! Especially as it talks of them as being gentle and tiny dragons, but appearing in the world now as huge and green...

Most reactions

Latest posts