What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I just got a pop-up, stating that the rift is nearly done as light is only one step away from finishing first. I just started upgrading my light habitat to get that second egg, but there's no way i will get enough magic to upgrade it in time! So to answer your question, yes I believe light will be released first.

I am now concentrating on getting the 2nd egg for the light habitat. I need another 4000 magic, so if I can get another 1000 today in the 3 hours remaining and then 3000 tomorrow, and if it doesn't stop before then I might make it but it is a huge task. I also need 1000 for the dark side so I am keeping 1000 back in case the light side closes before I reach the target then I can still get the dark reward.
Good luck everyone and thank you for your help in explaining what is going on.

Good news! I have a Topaz on the way. I have one from last year so I will probably keep the egg rather than fulfil the wizards' goal.

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am now concentrating on getting the 2nd egg for the light habitat. I need another 4000 magic, so if I can get another 1000 today in the 3 hours remaining and then 3000 tomorrow, and if it doesn't stop before then I might make it but it is a huge task. I also need 1000 for the dark side so I am keeping 1000 back in case the light side closes before I reach the target then I can still get the dark reward. Good luck everyone and thank you for your help in explaining what is going on. Good news! I have a Topaz on the way. I have one from last year so I will probably keep the egg rather than fulfil the wizards' goal.

I'm just 400 off of my giant dark habitat. I'll probably contribute to the light after that, just to move it along a little faster. I don't expect to get the next reward in either element.

gcid: KOKO~PUFFS

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm just 400 off of my giant dark habitat. I'll probably contribute to the light after that, just to move it along a little faster. I don't expect to get the next reward in either element.

Well done! Have you been playing 24 hours a day or did you buy some magic?

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well done! Have you been playing 24 hours a day or did you buy some magic?

I had about 1400 gems stockpiled, then when the update came out I got another 400 about. I have been trading gems for magic and buying/selling a lot of bushes. Then in the last few days I have spent about 500 gems in speed breeding sonic/thunders because of the double xp.

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had about 1400 gems stockpiled, then when the update came out I got another 400 about. I have been trading gems for magic and buying/selling a lot of bushes. Then in the last few days I have spent about 500 gems in speed breeding sonic/thunders because of the double xp.

Great going. I am buying and selling lots of bushes as I don't have enough gems for major speed breeding. I hope the rewards and the new dragons will be worth all the effort.

Mossyman87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh I can't get this solar eclipse. I want to start working on the topaz but need this one first.

poncho.tinoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had about 1400 gems stockpiled, then when the update came out I got another 400 about. I have been trading gems for magic and buying/selling a lot of bushes. Then in the last few days I have spent about 500 gems in speed breeding sonic/thunders because of the double xp. gcid: KOKO~PUFFS

I was just wondering.. What is the most efficient breeding pair for DC ? I know there were changes to the breeding rules but I've been busy trying to get every single dragon. Last night I finally hatched my second bronze! That was the last dragon I needed :) this morning I bred them together and my bronze egg is now on it's way! So hopefully I have a day or two before the new light and dark elements appear. I was able to get two of each egg but I'm afraid time is short to make 9999 points. So back to my question.. Is sonic/thunder the most efficient? Or can we still do rust? Also does anyone know if light and dark will be breedable with regular elements? I rearranged my egg land hoping to get a whole bunch of new eggs !

GCID: poncho.tinoco

Attachments

• image-1182195558.jpg
    image-1182195558.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 209

Amii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't get the topaz :( I've said 'one more try' about the last 10 times lol. I feel like I can't stop trying though because next time might be the one!!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had about 1400 gems stockpiled, then when the update came out I got another 400 about. I have been trading gems for magic and buying/selling a lot of bushes. Then in the last few days I have spent about 500 gems in speed breeding sonic/thunders because of the double xp. gcid: KOKO~PUFFS
Light is almost upon us and my habitat has 2 eggs, however I am 7000 off as I work towards my 3rd egg. I've made the decision to leave the light and be happy with just 2 dragons. I only have 1 egg in my dark habitat. I figure once light enters the market dark will catch up very quickly so I need to work towards that second egg. I know I have no hope of completing the requirements for my light habitat...so strategy prevails. Sure hope everyone has what they need before the dragons are released in the market.

I've found this challenge difficult, and I'm somewhat sad to know that once the dragons hit the market place the magic ends. Those with jail broken devices always have the upper hand, and I really struggle with that when I visit their parks.

:D diz diz dizzy

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was just wondering.. What is the most efficient breeding pair for DC ? I know there were changes to the breeding rules but I've been busy trying to get every single dragon. Last night I finally hatched my second bronze! That was the last dragon I needed :) this morning I bred them together and my bronze egg is now on it's way! So hopefully I have a day or two before the new light and dark elements appear. I was able to get two of each egg but I'm afraid time is short to make 9999 points. So back to my question.. Is sonic/thunder the most efficient? Or can we still do rust? Also does anyone know if light and dark will be breedable with regular elements? I rearranged my egg land hoping to get a whole bunch of new eggs ! GCID: poncho.tinoco

I chose sonic and thunder, because it was the first one I found that did not have and epic or long breed time that still gave me 40 magic. The amount of magic you get depends on how long it takes to breed rather than price I think, up to 20(40 on double xp) magic. There might be a better combo, I didn't put to much research into it.

Natgnat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Light is almost upon us and my habitat has 2 eggs, however I am 7000 off as I work towards my 3rd egg. I've made the decision to leave the light and be happy with just 2 dragons. I only have 1 egg in my dark habitat. I figure once light enters the market dark will catch up very quickly so I need to work towards that second egg. I know I have no hope of completing the requirements for my light habitat...so strategy prevails. Sure hope everyone has what they need before the dragons are released in the market. I've found this challenge difficult, and I'm somewhat sad to know that once the dragons hit the market place the magic ends. Those with jail broken devices always have the upper hand, and I really struggle with that when I visit their parks. :D diz diz dizzy

The jail breakers may have the advantage of immediate gratification, sure... But I know that working diligently towards a goal always gives me more satisfaction than having it handed to me. :). I'm in the same boat.. I have 2 eggs on light and have about 3500 to my next egg and only 1 in my dark habitat. I'm hobbled a little too since I cannot collect any gems or go to my friends' parks to collect party hats. It is what it is now and I'm just looking forward to the new dragons! Here's to us...the Dragonvale non jail breakers!

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The jail breakers may have the advantage of immediate gratification, sure... But I know that working diligently towards a goal always gives me more satisfaction than having it handed to me. :). I'm in the same boat.. I have 2 eggs on light and have about 3500 to my next egg and only 1 in my dark habitat. I'm hobbled a little too since I cannot collect any gems or go to my friends' parks to collect party hats. It is what it is now and I'm just looking forward to the new dragons! Here's to us...the Dragonvale non jail breakers!

Well said Nat. I am sorry that you still have problems with your game. I found that collecting from party hats took far too long and didn't give any magic so I have been buying and selling bushes. I have given up on the light side and I am concentrating on the dark side. I don't expect to get the giant habitat as it requires so much magic.
Good luck.

Reaction score
It has been quite a challenge conjuring this magic! I do not think I will reach the next levels at this time, but did progress over the past two weekends. looking forward to seeing our new dragons, and I believe there may be new habitats to purchase. I wonder if we will be able to decorate the Scar island, or will it be like the gem island? if there are new light and dark habitats, where will they go?

Best of luck to everyone!

poncho.tinoco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It has been quite a challenge conjuring this magic! I do not think I will reach the next levels at this time, but did progress over the past two weekends. looking forward to seeing our new dragons, and I believe there may be new habitats to purchase. I wonder if we will be able to decorate the Scar island, or will it be like the gem island? if there are new light and dark habitats, where will they go? Best of luck to everyone!

I have wondered the same thing. Although for me it doesn't really matter anymore. I would need 9999 for the next upgrade on either side and by the looks of it, I don't believe I have time for that.

How long do you think it'll be before they release the new dragons? I would hope today but tomorrow seems more likely! Still excited about the release!

Attachments

• image-226492463.jpg
    image-226492463.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 221

Aries1979

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have wondered the same thing. Although for me it doesn't really matter anymore. I would need 9999 for the next upgrade on either side and by the looks of it, I don't believe I have time for that.

How long do you think it'll be before they release the new dragons? I would hope today but tomorrow seems more likely! Still excited about the release!

I heard a few hours until the Light dragons appear, but that could mean anything. I didn't do any serious grinding so I only got one egg and the large light habitat. Gonna pour all I got until this thing ends into dark to see if I can get a second egg.

Most reactions

Latest posts