What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good luck Oldsmol. I will certainly miss all your news. Thank you for all the help you have given me. Love Jo xx Thank you for pointing out the bars. I hadn't noticed them. I still don't understand very much about this magic. I have been just contributing to the light side and have just been granted a light habitat and a light egg. I can still add to the light side but it needs 5600 to complete this time as against 3199 units of magic. So I have started filling up the dark side. Any advice would be welcome.

That is what I did with dark side, but I filled up the 5,600 bar as well. At that point I was awarded a 3 dragon habitat and 'a dragon'. So I'm assuming when the dragons are finally available I will be able to get it. I've started contributing to the light to get it to the same point, and help unlock it faster.

gcid: KOKO~PUFFS

Mossyman87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lunar eclipse dragon is back on the market!!! Might be one of the ugliest dragons ( in my opinion anyway) but I still need to have a couple :)

Mossyman87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I just noticed that they made the autumn dragon smaller, looks better this size :)

marie6065

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh I just noticed that they made the autumn dragon smaller, looks better this size :)

Wish I could see that! 3 days now without my DV..........have tried all the usual remedies but nothing is working. Anyone else in the same boat?

GC ID: ~ mari3c ~ Patience & Perseverance

Aries1979

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wish I could see that! 3 days now without my DV..........have tried all the usual remedies but nothing is working. Anyone else in the same boat?

GC ID: ~ mari3c ~ Patience & Perseverance

I had a lot of crashing and couldn't get into mine. I forced closed all my apps and did a hard reboot of my iPad. It seems to be working okay now.

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great to see the Dark magic has caught up at last.

I'm finding my Zombie dragon both cute and disturbing at the same time.... Definitely a weird one!

AxelAxolotl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you guys think that when you upgrade the light and dark things and get an egg, that one of them will be speical only to that egg? Gosh that was confusing... Like if light wins and you have a dark egg, will that be the only dark you can have in your park?

Also, is mud rarer than river? Im truing to get one but the rivers dragons are all i get!

peppiegal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you guys think that when you upgrade the light and dark things and get an egg, that one of them will be speical only to that egg? Gosh that was confusing... Like if light wins and you have a dark egg, will that be the only dark you can have in your park? Also, is mud rarer than river? Im truing to get one but the rivers dragons are all i get!

I don't believe so. I think this race between light and dark concerns what the main rift egg is going to be. As well as what order the dragons will be released in. Right now light is winning, but we don't know how much longer this race is going to last. If light does win then the light dragons will be released first. Then later the dark dragons will be released.

gcid: KOKO~PUFFS

Amii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grrr, keep getting dragons I've already got and I don't even have that many! Now to wait 24 hours until I can use the breeding cave again.

I've noticed that I now have the breeding island available but it costs a crazy amount of gems!! I think it said 125 and I only have 10 :( Does it get any easier to get gems as you go up the levels? (I'm only level 14). I only seen to get them when I complete goals and at the moment all my goals are to get different dragons.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Jonew10

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Grrr, keep getting dragons I've already got and I don't even have that many! Now to wait 24 hours until I can use the breeding cave again.

I've noticed that I now have the breeding island available but it costs a crazy amount of gems!! I think it said 125 and I only have 10 :( Does it get any easier to get gems as you go up the levels? (I'm only level 14). I only seen to get them when I complete goals and at the moment all my goals are to get different dragons.

Hi Amii, yes, the longer you play the game the more gems you will accumulate and spend. Make sure you get the Collosseum as soon as you can and play every day. Most of us win 5 gems a day that way. Also make sure you gift your 3 gems to your friends each day and they should return them. It is worth saving up for the Dragonsai Gifting Tree as this allows you to gift 6 gems a day, and receive them in return. Try to breed the gemstone dragons and feed them up to level 10. These give one gem each every week. You could also have a Facebook and twitter account if you don't already have them, as every time you complete a goal from the list you will be rewarded with one extra gem per post on Twitter and one for posting on Facebook.

It does take a long time to save up for everything in the early days of the game. It took me about 6 months to get the Breeding Island with the upgrade. I tried not to spend any gems on speeding up my dragons until I had most of the upgrades I wanted.
Good luck

pristoph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Amii, yes, the longer you play the game the more gems you will accumulate and spend. Make sure you get the Collosseum as soon as you can and play every day. Most of us win 5 gems a day that way. Also make sure you gift your 3 gems to your friends each day and they should return them. It is worth saving up for the Dragonsai Gifting Tree as this allows you to gift 6 gems a day, and receive them in return. Try to breed the gemstone dragons and feed them up to level 10. These give one gem each every week. You could also have a Facebook and twitter account if you don't already have them, as every time you complete a goal from the list you will be rewarded with one extra gem per post on Twitter and one for posting on Facebook.

It does take a long time to save up for everything in the early days of the game. It took me about 6 months to get the Breeding Island with the upgrade. I tried not to spend any gems on speeding up my dragons until I had most of the upgrades I wanted.
Good luck

Yes, Amii, as Jo says, it takes a while but that makes it all the more sweet when you get the prize. I'm at level 27 and I have about 430 gems. I have only spent gems on the gifting tree and maybe once or twice to upgrade something. So at one time I had over 600. You will get there. If you don't already do this, check out the Dragonvale Sandbox (google it), where you will find info on breeding the various dragons. Good luck!

GC: pristoph ......... HD Level 50......DV Level 27 and proud owner of a dbl rainbow dragon

Amii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice :) it's much appreciated. It seems like a bit of a patient waiting game in the early levels :) It helps to have this forum because it's the sort of game where if I was doing it on my own I'd wonder what was going on lol.

pristoph

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice :) it's much appreciated. It seems like a bit of a patient waiting game in the early levels :) It helps to have this forum because it's the sort of game where if I was doing it on my own I'd wonder what was going on lol.

I feel that way too! And things don't come any faster when uou are at level 27. I got 1 new dragon this month. Been trying for ghost and opal. **sigh**.

GC: pristoph ......... HD Level 50......DV Level 27 and proud owner of a dbl rainbow dragon

Amii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay just go to level 15 :) It took me so long to get there that I'd managed to save up lots of money for the new stuff :) Is the dragon track any good?

Most reactions

Latest posts