What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Philip35 said:
Thanks Kryp2n8. I do have a question. I read somewhere that it is possible to breed a Solstice Dragon using a Sun Dragon and an Equinox Dragon.. Is this true? If it is then I will try to get a Sun Dragon which is available year round and breed with my existing Equinox Dragon thus possibly circumventing the Unavailable status of the Solstice Dragon.. Thanks everyone :)

GCID: *.Philip35.*

Sandbox said when you breed Equinox with Sun the result is always Sun, and i believe that, they are always reliable, they test it many times before put it in the program,unless there are typo error in the program. :) And i believe because Sun is regular and the Equinox is Limited, so you'll always get the regular one. Different case for Equinox+Bluemoon and Equinox+Solstice, they are all limited and epic dragon so the result is 50/50.

fejones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marie6065 said:
It was to help you out - not to put you in gem debt :D don't worry about pay back to me just so happy your dragon came thru!

GC ID: mari3c ~ Patience & Perseverance

Agreed!

raephu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Congrats to every Opal-sucesse so far!

My Girlfriend try to breed a Sundragon. I think it was between 7am and 7pm you have to start breeding, but is this local time or Backflip-time?

GCid: raephu

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
raephu said:
Congrats to every Opal-sucesse so far!

My Girlfriend try to breed a Sundragon. I think it was between 7am and 7pm you have to start breeding, but is this local time or Backflip-time?

GCid: raephu

Base on your idevice's internal clock

marie6065

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Philip35 said:
Thanks Marie. Unfortunately, being new, I didn't go for two of each dragons.. After getting the Paper Dragon I tried for other dragons I didn't have.. Same goes for the Blue Moon Dragon (grrrr..) I still don't know what I should be gunning for in this game.. Right now I'm happy just trying to breed all the Dragons I possibly can. Just got a Panlong Dragon and a Forge Dragon. Both of these tied up my Breeding caves so I'm just now trying for the Opal Dragon. Already got two Mud Dragon fails (grrrr..) Hopefully I could get an Opal Dragon before the Bone Dragon becomes available again. Cheers :)

Check out your goals list, that's a good place to start, Bare in mind you will get a lot of dragons from fails trying for the rare dragons so try for those first. Best value for Gems is the Hibernation cave where you can store the extra dragons when your habitats are all full. Then getting your Epic Island, then upgrading it for faster times. Also upgrading your nursery to fit four nests is really handy. Good luck with your Opal, I'm still trying, but plenty of time yet!

Philip35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marie6065 said:
Check out your goals list, that's a good place to start, Bare in mind you will get a lot of dragons from fails trying for the rare dragons so try for those first. Best value for Gems is the Hibernation cave where you can store the extra dragons when your habitats are all full. Then getting your Epic Island, then upgrading it for faster times. Also upgrading your nursery to fit four nests is really handy. Good luck with your Opal, I'm still trying, but plenty of time yet!

Thanks again Marie. When I was starting out and looking for information on Dragon Vale, I was fortunate enough to stumble upon a different forum with around 4 to 5 members. I befriended them and we traded gems. That, plus the gold medals at the coliseum and the occasional gem spins from the race track, I was able to save enough gems to buy the Epic Breeding Island. This was a big help as trying to go after those limited dragons really tied up the breeding cave. September was a nightmare.. All those limited bunched together.. Was extremely lucky to be able to get them all lol :)

Hey! Just now! I think I got the Opal Dragon! Lol :)

Attachments

• image-3544046522.jpg
    image-3544046522.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Suzabella said:
Just before leaving for work, I decided to rush epic breeding, throw them back in, and WHAT?!? Yeah, u got it! OPAL! So excited! Happy breeding everyone!

GCID: princesssuzabella

Congratulations!!

The opal dragon seems to elude me though.. Such a shame! Patience, patience.. and lots if it!

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Natgnat said:
SO glad to hear this. I started playing in October of last year and totally missed the bone dragon! I've wanted that dragon for almost a year!

I think the bone dragon is THE best dragon of the lot! I really hope it will be available again.

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
aeriyauna said:
Same for me! Lol 4 lava fails.. :) I'm at least hoping I won't have the same luck as I had with Sapphire lol I'd love to be able to have time to breed other dragons I don't have still

I've had at least 20 fails :( bought extra gems to give me some extra speed breeding options, but taking it slow now.

ms sparkle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aries1979 said:
There is a chance for gold. I've heard of people getting both. I need a silver....have two gold already.

Make each day count. GCID: Lady Redwolf

I got my gold for display that way, so yes it is possible.

Aries1979

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Two more mud fails for me. Will see what happens in six hours when I try again :)

Make each day count. GCID: Lady Redwolf

Most reactions

Latest posts