What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
aeriyauna said:
How funny I was JUST coming here to complain a bit.. How about some checkered racing flags and other racing themed decorations too? Maybe they will all come with the new dragons this coming month?

Yeah i like checkered flag for decorations, that's why i design my new island with checkered, but we don't have black path, so marble and brick paths is the closest thing i can do. ;)

"This game is simply the power of LUCK! Oh, and MAGIC FINGER!"  GC id: kryp2n8

aeriyauna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
I'm thinking Pollen for color, it's the closest color to a Peridot, and maybe lava or metal, depends on what it looks like when the sneak peak comes out.

I have never seen one, but the Pollen would make sense and either Lava or the Brass?

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ColorfulVibrations said:
I wonder if this is an explanation of some sort for how to breed the gemstone dragons. I don't know if it's right or not though.
Emerald - Comes from a variety of MINERAL beryl.
(lichen dragon must be for color)
Pearl - Comes from clams.
(SEAWEED dragon because it comes from the sea. Cold to give it color)
Ruby - Red color comes from CHROME.
(scorch for the color)
Peridot - Made of magnesium IRON silicate.(perhaps a hint for what we'll need to breed the peridot dragon next month)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the same way too, one related and one for color. But should always have 4elements combined. Here's what i've found on the description of a Peridot:

Olivine, of which peridot is a type, is a common mineral in mafic and ultramafic rocks, and it is often found in LAVA

The intensity and tint of the green, however, depends on how much IRON is contained in the crystal structure.

So my guess is Lava or Iron + Pollen (color)

Reaction score
aeriyauna said:
Here's another description I found as well...

"As peridot is a gemstone that forms deep inside the Earth and brought to the surface by volcanoes"

Hmmm... I think we're on to something.

Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
I think the same way too, one related and one for color. But should always have 4elements combined. Here's what i've found on the description of a Peridot:

Olivine, of which peridot is a type, is a common mineral in mafic and ultramafic rocks, and it is often found in LAVA

The intensity and tint of the green, however, depends on how much IRON is contained in the crystal structure.

So my guess is Lava or Iron + Pollen (color)

Yes, most possibly. As soon as it is August, I think I'll try both combinations at the same time. But for now, I've got breeding to do! :p (I need to get two pollen dragons and one iron dragon)

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After 10 days of heaps of pollen, chrome and willow, I finally got my second malachite in the early hours of the morning. I was using both breeding caves with metal and willow, and thought time to try something different - metal and pollen on the second try on epic. So, with my malachite I will now be able to get my last plant and metal shrines to turn gold.

I'm Currently breeding 2 gold for an egg on display, and tonight I'm going to work on my new island with the racing track. As yet, I have not entered an event. I see backflip have added one addition to the goals in the game - Complete a race. Compete in a race at the dragon track - 3 gems. As I've not entered yet, Marc is that a one off for gems? I see you have listed the best dragons for each race. Have you received any extra gems by racing?

Great reading all the posts, good to see older members return, and exciting to hear of all the successful breeds. Breed on family, and good luck at the races! May the best dragon win!

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
marie6065 said:
Just got my first 48hr in the BC with storm+cactus yeh!!!
Probably a Moon seeing as its evening here in Oz

GC ID: mari3c

Hi Marie, just swung past your way and picked up the $ from your party hats. Your islands are looking great. I see your storm and cactus are still breeding. It will be interesting to test the theory of time of day. You think it's a moon dragon because of the time you paired them. The combo could yield either a moon or sun, so it will be great to see what you have either way. The moon and sun habitats only take 2 hours to build.

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:
After 10 days of heaps of pollen, chrome and willow, I finally got my second malachite in the early hours of the morning. I was using both breeding caves with metal and willow, and thought time to try something different - metal and pollen on the second try on epic. So, with my malachite I will now be able to get my last plant and metal shrines to turn gold.

I'm Currently breeding 2 gold for an egg on display, and tonight I'm going to work on my new island with the racing track. As yet, I have not entered an event. I see backflip have added one addition to the goals in the game - Complete a race. Compete in a race at the dragon track - 3 gems. As I've not entered yet, Marc is that a one off for gems? I see you have listed the best dragons for each race. Have you received any extra gems by racing?

Great reading all the posts, good to see older members return, and exciting to hear of all the successful breeds. Breed on family, and good luck at the races! May the best dragon win!

Congrats on your 2nd malachite, that's one tough dragon to breed, i still only have one. :) i didn't notice the goal and it is not listed anymore in my goal, i think i have received it. The dragons i listed is the recommended dragon for each track, i think the advantage of that is it will run and boost faster when using that dragon on particular track but will not guarantee gems. I think winning gems is random or if you got all perfect timing. I'm not much into racing as it always freezed after the spin and i need to close the app, so i'll just BFS to fix it.

Natykm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kryp2n8 said:
Here's a tip for choosing the right dragon for the track:

Event = Recommended Dragons:

Blast Furnace = Forge Dragon, Brass Dragon

Cherry Road = Sakura Dragon

Dramoria = Steel Dragon, Mine Dragon

Electric Skies = Sonic Dragon, Butterfly Dragon

Marshlands = Swamp Dragon, Seaweed Dragon

Rime or Reason = Snow Dragon

Shimmering Faultline = Quake Dragon, Crystal Dragon

Ulster Meadows=Tree Dragon, Clover Dragon, Moss Dragon

Year of the Dragon = Panlong Dragon

With electric skies I have always won with cactus :) so maybe u can add that to your list ;)

Natykm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dizdizdizzy said:

Great reading all the posts, good to see older members return, and exciting to hear of all the successful breeds. Breed on family, and good uluck at the races! May the best dragon win!

Congrats That's great your 2nd!!!! The race track actually got better i played today many times didn't freeze :) gems are random though:(

Am still stuck on dodo sandstorm n Malachite after I get them or (maybe ill try both things at the sane time) my goal will be to get two of each dragon so I can start breeding my babies lol

Panlong army is under construction my 2nd is on its way so this will help with my shrines n $$$:)

Already got my fire shrine silver!!! :D

MalooJay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Natykm said:
Congrats That's great your 2nd!!!! The race track actually got better i played today many times didn't freeze :) gems are random though:(

Am still stuck on dodo sandstorm n Malachite after I get them or (maybe ill try both things at the sane time) my goal will be to get two of each dragon so I can start breeding my babies lol

Panlong army is under construction my 2nd is on its way so this will help with my shrines n $$$:)

That's funny, my race track is freezing more today.

dizdizdizzy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Natykm said:

I've decided not to enter any races until backflip fix that bug. I have set up my new island with my racing track and shrines. Tomorrow it will look very different when my plant and metal shrines morph into gold.

Congratulations on your silver fire shrine as that's a great achievement. It will make a nice addition to your islands.

As to dodo, sandstorm and malachite, they really are difficult to breed - so, may the wizard be kind to you in your quest to breed them:cool:

kryp2n8

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's how the reward system goes:

After completing a race, a wheel is spun for a reward. There are three types of wheels: Gold, Silver and Bronze, with prizes improving the higher the dragon places in the race. For first place, you spin the Gold wheel; for second place, you spin the Silver wheel; for third place, you spin the Bronze wheel. However, if you get a place lower than third you do not get a reward. There are also bonuses that may be given at random.

The gold wheel features rewards including Gems (1-3), Exp, DragonCash, and Treats ranging from the thousands to the hundreds of thousands.

The silver wheel features rewards including Treats, Exp and DragonCash in the tens of thousands range.

The bronze wheel features rewards including Treats, Exp and DragonCash in the thousands range.

Most reactions

Latest posts