What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragonvale Tips & Tricks! (NO Friend Requests!)

Brooklyn11220

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Vicky! As I was searching here I saw that someone used a seaweed on the left and a moss on the right. I just tried it like two minutes ago on my epic island and low and behold the 7 hour time popped up! Hopefully it is my Clover. Thanks for the welcome. I am trying to get a picture up on my avatar so I am not just words :)
Congrats and welcome to the best family and friends on the best forum. :) Breed on!!!!

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Brooklyn! I have just given this a try and got the lucky 7 hours. I used seaweed 11 +moss 15.

I will not miss the 'What would you like to do with your new tree dragon?' messages!!!!!!!

Yay! Congrats! Now I'm jealous! Lol hahaha I don't blame you a bit! I will be so happy to get rid of that message too. :thumbs:

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone confirmed a rainbow and leap year could breed another LYD ?

I only got one LYD and have a rainbow hatching. Wondering what breeding them gets. Or can they not be breed?

The only thing I know of that comes from that combo is another rainbow...it will not yield a 2nd LYD.

ilUli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aphrael said:
Has anyone confirmed a rainbow and leap year could breed another LYD ?

I only got one LYD and have a rainbow hatching. Wondering what breeding them gets. Or can they not be breed?

It didn't work for me while LYD was still available, and if the old pattern is still true (you never know when BFS changes the rules as we see with the clover dragon's strange breeding pattern) you won't be able to get a LYD offspring now for sure. You can only get more limited dragons by breeding 2 of them to make a third

TommyB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tommy B's Dragon Land

Forest Island

Please use caution while visiting Tommy B's Dragon Land, as much of the park is still under construction. Some weird magic going on - don't get turned into a toad or nuthin!

Welcome to Forest Island.

Visitors who come to Forest Island are in for a special treat, as Forest Island is the most special island in all of Tommy B's Dragon Land! You'll find out why quite soon!

Forest Island was the first island which Tommy B summoned to the park. He chose this particular hunk of rock to hang in the sky because situated on one corner was an ancient stone formation of great magical value and mystical interest - the world-renowned Sham-Rock Henge. These aged obelisks were imbued with great dragon-related properties, and have really given our founding wizard an edge when it comes to breeding and capturing dragons for the park. In fact, he placed a warp-in point smack dab in the midst of these moss-covered, time-worn monoliths. This is but the first of several reasons which make Forest Island so special and we'd put the picture of Sham-Rock Henge right here if our graphic design 'wizards' were weally worth their woeful wages.

A quaint, unassuming (a good word) stone path leads visitors away from Sham-Rock Henge, though all are welcome to wander as they will - Tommy B's Dragon Land is very safe! Heading down the lamp-lit path, through natural old oaks and maples, you will quickly encounter our one and only plant habitat. Here you will find several specimens of dragon happily frolicking in the deep emerald grass, munching on the verdant oak leaves and low-growing succulents, and generally enjoying the sunshine and quiet of the forest. A recent addition to this island is a rare Clover Dragon named Poppy. Poppy is only a babe, and is sometimes rather temperamental for this reason, but if you catch him in the right mood he might let you rub his belly - thought to bring you seven months of good luck!

Continuing down the Forest Island's quaint stone path leads you by some magnificent and imposing boulders - huge stones thought to have been plopped down centuries ago by passing glaciers. An interesting fact is that the stone which the Sham-Rock Henge was hewn from does not match these glacial erratics, nor any of the bedrock anywhere near where the island was harvested from. How these giant monoliths were brought and shaped and assembled in a circle is unknown.

Around the corner you will come across a quiet little farm, a bucolic scene of quietude and hominess. Homeyness? Homey don't play that iness? Anyhow, here is the second reason why Forest Island is so special: it is actually the home of Tommy B himself! You will see his simple windmill, which not only refines his small farm's produce, but is also used to generate power for his many wizardly experiments. Dragon Land's Hibernation Cave is next door, and in front of some beautiful flower beds is his own Thatched Roof Cottage. If Tommy B is home, he welcomes all visitors to pop in for a chat! Across the path from the cottage is the Nursery, where he keeps close tabs on all the very rare and fascinating eggs he has painstakingly bred or caught.

Visitors who are exceptionally lucky (perhaps those who were able to rub Poppy's belly on their way in) might catch sight of Tommy B's very own, very special baby Love Dragon - Mellissa - flitting about and hovering over the hatchery. She keeps close tabs on the incubating eggs, and is very protective. For this reason, we strongly urge visitors to keep behind the post fence and not venture close to the eggs themselves.

As you continue down the forest path, you will pass by the wishing well, and behind it can be seen a small pond, home to a few gentle species of water-based dragons. Farther along, and around another giant glacial deposit, is a Cozy Dogen - a hidden little house underground. We have no clue who lives there (if anyone), because the door is always magically locked. This is a mystery even to the park's own caretakers.

Follow the lampposts down the winding forest path and you will come to Dragon Land's largest water habitat. Here, many strange species of water-based dragons frolic and play, hiding beneath the surface during the hottest times of the day, and getting more and more roccous as the day progresses. Those visitors not wishing to get splashed had best stay back!

Around the corner and hidden beneath the shade of a giant oak tree is one of the park's few maintenance buildings. Next door is a small pond, where non-dragonish animals of many sorts can come for water and a quick dip. Clovers and actual shamrocks cover the hearty earth.

Next, we come to another special point of interest on Forest Island - the Dormitories. Yes, this cute little clover-themed hut is actually where all the park workers, caretakers, and employees come at the end of their shifts. This is where employees live, sleep, eat, and spend their off-hours. Looks small, doesn't it? It's bigger on the inside ...

Finally, the path peters out before Forest Island's most fascinating attraction - the Breeding Cave. If you are very lucky, you can see a pair of dragons sequestered here. Tommy B hopes that they also are getting lucky! Nobody is privy to Tommy B's uncanny and mysterious breeding research and knowledge. The best we can do is enjoy the results. The Breeding Cave is all the way at the end of the path, sequestered behind a giant old oak tree and a huge boulder, because breeding dragons tend to enjoy their privacy (although Panlongs seem to know no shame ...).

We heartily welcome all to come enjoy Tommy B's Dragon Land's Forest Island - a taste of the Emerald Isle floating in the sky!

Below, enjoy some pictures from the Forest Island. But don't settle for pictures - come visit yourself! I mean, come, yourself, and visit. Er, don't go to yourself for a visit with yourself. That would be weird. Never mind ...

Attachments

• image-3323909607.jpg
    image-3323909607.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 915
  • image-3523937961.jpg
    image-3523937961.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 1,045
  • image-3598478618.jpg
    image-3598478618.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 286
  • image-2696962013.jpg
    image-2696962013.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,229
  • image-1765156214.jpg
    image-1765156214.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 256
  • image-3780017663.jpg
    image-3780017663.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 1,927

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All! I am new here and was checking out the thread for new tips or tricks. It seemed that there are a lot of nice people here so I decided to join. Been trying for two days for the Clover lol! Hopefully I will get it :)

Welcme to the forum! Glad you joined us! :thumbs: Here is the rare/limited breeding list that 250strong created. I don't know if anyone gave you the link or not but hope this helps for your reference. :). It s updated all the time.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-game...g-guide-no-guarantees-no-friend-requests.html

Vivipilou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's easy to misunderstand things don't worry we still love you and I don't think you upset anyone they are just explaining again to clear things up ,that's all x x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10 my sons GCID coxy 26
Thank you Vicky, was good to read your words.

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Vicky! As I was searching here I saw that someone used a seaweed on the left and a moss on the right. I just tried it like two minutes ago on my epic island and low and behold the 7 hour time popped up! Hopefully it is my Clover. Thanks for the welcome. I am trying to get a picture up on my avatar so I am not just words :)

Yay! Congrats! :thumbs: It is your clover. :thumbs:

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They could start with anyone over say 5,000 gems as clearly no one would buy that many there is just no point all in one go , but yeah I see where you are coming from that some could be clever about it but I think BFS/ apple should try x x x

vicky x. GCID dragonville10 my sons GCID coxy 26

Why? What does it matter?

GT500Girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another quick post before hubby comes in a kicks me off the iPad haha. I still have two hours before my moss/seaweed is done so I can switch them around and try seaweed/moss. Since there have been two successful with that combo I can guarantee I will be SOL! Lol. I may as well pick a spot, throw myself down now and have a good fit throwing tantrum. Better to get it out of the way ahead of time. Lol I think my other pair should be done though. Guess I should go try that one again....or maybe flower/moss this time. Ugh. I tried that one a bunch of times...decisions, decisions...:eek:

Fletch_smf

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I love that and I wish I lived in that world. But every business I've ever been has been brutally competitive. And while I can only do what I can do, I have to be aware of what the competition is doing.

We're not talking about a business in this thread, sir. We're talking about a game. Running a business is not something you can do in a bubble, but playing DragonVale certainly is. If we collected all the energy used up by people worrying about how other people are playing ... we could probably run a 50 watt bulb for a couple of hours. lol.

I admire your gentle lifestyle though. You could probably live that way in the U.S. if you were studying the reproductive habits of the sea urchin (which I almost did at one time - my field of study at one time was marine biology). :)

Poppy

From seeing the few photos of you and your wife, I think a life lived on and around the sea would have suited you nicely.

Birdmaestro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tommy B's Dragon Land

Forest Island

Welcome to Forest Island.

Visitors who come to Forest Island are in for a special treat, as Forest Island is the most special island in all of Tommy B's Dragon Land! You'll find out why quite soon! ...We heartily welcome all to come enjoy Tommy B's Dragon Land's Forest Island - a taste of the Emerald Isle floating in the sky.

Magical.

Poppy

P.S. And that's quite an EQ you have there too.

ilUli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birdmaestro said:
Thank you, Hazel. You're so right. I often played hurt in sports - but I was a bit younger then. I'm frustrating my wife right now. It's only 10 weeks since the spinal fusion surgery. I started physical therapy a week ago and most folks start at 12 weeks, so I think I'm God's gift to the patients world. But I'm certainly not - and I'm also not God's gift to the patience world.

This group has been a lifeline for me during this recovery.

Poppy

I can't even get my hubby to clean out the garage when he's healthy ;) Maybe I should send him a copy of your posts to read? Or maybe not, he already suspects we're not quite right in the head and you cleaning up the garage 10 weeks after such serious surgery might only confirm that belief.

Most reactions

Latest posts