What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloading Photos from the 'Net gone Wrong...

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi All, My situation is like this: I wanted a picture/photo from the 'Net. I tapped it; it didn't expand. So I put and kept my finger on it, rather than tapping, and one option, 'Copy' appeared above where I was pressing.

I tapped this option, and in a few seconds I got a message that the image had been saved to my Camera Roll. I don't have a Camera Roll, I have 'All Photos' instead, and the image I copied *wasn't* in All Photos...

Does anyone know how I can retrieve this image from my non-existant Camera Roll?

Is it even possible?? :)

On another note, I posted something along these lines a while back, and someone replied that the photo I couldn't find was on the Clipboard.

Could someone kindly tell me where the Clipboard is/how to access Clipboard content?

Thanks as Always! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The clipboard is a temporary storage space. You don't access it directly.

When you copy something, it goes to the clipboard. When you choose Paste, in that app or another, the content of the clipboard is what gets pasted.

This is not the best way to get the image from a web page, since you would need to go to another app and paste the image; something you can't do in the Photos app. Besides, when you copy on an image in Safair there is a good change you'll end up coping the link to the clipboard, not the actual image.

Besides Copy, there should have been a Save, Save Image, or similar choice. This will save the image to the Photos app. In older iOS version the place where the image would be saved was called the Camera Roll, which is why you found it mentioned. In the current version of Photos you should see it in the Photos tab and the All Photos album.

Hold in mind that web pages can display images in different ways, and some of those prevent the actual copying of the image. You may not get the Save option.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that web pages can display images in different ways, and some of those prevent the actual copying of the image.

For completeness' sake, remember there's always the brute force method: make a screen shot by pressing the power and Home buttons together. Then you can crop out the unwanted parts.

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet, thank you for the info! Duly noted!

OP
S

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For completeness' sake, remember there's always the brute force method: make a screen shot by pressing the power and Home buttons together. Then you can crop out the unwanted parts.

LannyC, thanks! This looks like the easiest way to get the job done, I'll give it a go. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts