What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Copy & Paste photos

Ebenist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When a photo on a web page is copied, where does it go? How do I get it to my camera roll? I dont have a problem when there is a "save picture" option. I have Clipboard Pro and I can see my saved photos there, but how do get at them?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you copy an image in the Safari web browser, only the URL is copied (not the actual image). You can paste this into any editable text field.

I don't use Clipboard Pro, but a quick read of the description suggests that when you save image clips from Safari they should show up in the URL category, and while they may look like pictures, they are just links to the pictures on the web.

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I want a photo from the the web , I save it and it goes to the camera roll. You then can copy it from there. Just did it below.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig (not JB'ed) / using iPF

Attachments

• image-3392254340.png
    image-3392254340.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 966
OP
E

Ebenist

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for that. The problem occurs when the site does not offer the option "save image" I've found a sort of way round it. Take a screen shot and then crop off the Safari bar at the top. It's not very elegant but it gets me there. Anybody any better ideas?
John

Most reactions

Latest posts